Life hacks for kids

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter learned that if she rips a toy out of its package in front of a store employee, mommy will be forced to buy it. She now has two new toys today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 477
You deserved it 11 660

Top comments

And today you need to learn how to discipline your child.

Just pay and leave the toys in the shop. Also punish her for being a brat.

Comments

perdix 29

Same thing happened to me at the titty bar. I'll bet the store clerk wasn't as rough as the bouncer, but, then again, the merchandise was not as titillating;)

flemhead 0

Chinese fingertrap...but one you can't get out if so easily

definitely an fml :(. but u should learn a little discipline tho

sonnyv 0

I have a toddler and when i go into the store i make sure my kid is holding my hand. Dont let your kid get ahold of the toy. bam. problem sloved.

I think most toddlers have pulled their hand free of their parents at some point and taken off, or waited until their parents needed both hands for something for a second, so not really "bam problem solved".

russianspy1234 11

Donate the toys to charity, then take some of her other toys and donate those too just cuz she is such a brat.

buy it, but you don't have to give it to her. Damn you need to TEACH your kid not just walk around acting like a ditzy blonde carrying a diaper bag

Ok, that's kind of clever... but the solution to that would be, 1) not only just discipline, but 2) donate the toy so the kid doesn't get it anyway. And like someone else said, donate some of her own toys, that could be part of the punishment.

tomakobriefs 11

YDI. If you had disciplined your child properly after the FIRST toy, you wouldn't have had any issues with a SECOND toy. Buy the item, find it another home. Discipline your child in additional ways, like time-outs, no dessert after dinner, or hold their favorite toy hostage until they make improvements in behavior.

Just because you had to pay for the toys doesn't mean you have to let her have them. Throw them away while she watches!! Be a parent. If you don't teach her the world will by kicking her teeth down her throat.