Life hacks for kids

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter learned that if she rips a toy out of its package in front of a store employee, mommy will be forced to buy it. She now has two new toys today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 477
You deserved it 11 660

Top comments

And today you need to learn how to discipline your child.

Just pay and leave the toys in the shop. Also punish her for being a brat.

Comments

#99, I agree about the leaving the child at home scenario. That just doesn't always work out. I do not agree with your suggestion that it was okay for her to give the toys to the child. in your scenario, the mother doesn't have much money. But by giving her the toys she probably couldn't afford, she's just encouraging this behavior to continue. She'll just lose more money that way than if she just got rid of the toys somehow.

Next time hold your child's hand? They can pick up a toy with one hand free but certainly can't tear it open one-handed... very effectively...

sparxva 12

Take the two new toys to charity-don't let her keep them. Then tell her to pick out one of her old toys to give to charity too.

I agree with everyone that you should NOT have given her the toys. Great parenting, thumbs up! If she can't behave herself, then don't let her come around toy(store)s. When I was little and we were in a store, my mother always said I could look, but not touch! You should've made her give those two toys+two of her own to charity, that'll teach her.

sparxva 12

Donate the toys to charity-don't let her keep them. And if she is old enough to have an allowance, then take the money out of her allowance.

skyeyez9 24

I am a mom of a 6yr old girl. I have been thru the terrible two's (in her case terrible twos till almost four). I know kids are unpredictable an do stupid shit. But DONT let her keep the toy! Had my daughter pulled that stunt on me, I would have spanked her and went straight home. If you dont want to give the toy away, at least put it in craig's list or ebay, get some compensation for the undeserved toys. If your kid still has these toys, sell them.

Mommy may have to buy the toys, but that doesn't mean daughter gets to keep the toys. I agree that you should take the cost out of her allowance, too.

Phinehas 0

Proverbs 22:15 "Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of discipline will remove it far from them." YDI for not disciplining your child properly.

pink_machine 0

Uh, that's why you dont let her walk around holding toys :/