Not a laughing matter

By Anonymous - 26/02/2014 09:31 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, on Facebook, someone wrote a status implying that she was going to kill herself. I called a mutual friend, asking to check up on her. The next status the girl puts up said, "Someone thought I was going to commit suicide! Haha what a loser!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 230
You deserved it 4 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Authoress14 15

So you're still friends with her why?

Comments

Sucide is nothing to joke about and even if she was then still why post it. Also that status update was pretty rude because just checking to make sure someone is okay is not 'being a loser'

Suicide is a real concern, not something for attention-whoring girls to joke about and then make fun of people for caring. Your "friend" is a total bitch.

xxcaitlannxx 15

Is that a new thing kids do these days or...

Shoulda let her do it then if she doesnt think its serious

That girl needs a good slap to the face. Suicide is not something to joke about. You did the right thing by asking your friend to check on her!

silentxninja 13

What the hell...? Why would anyone post a status implying that sort of thing, and then laugh about it when someone shows concern for them??? They should be grateful they have a friend such as you who cares about them, and who was worried enough to try to make sure she was okay. Suicide, and self-harm in general is not funny, and definitely not something that should be joked about or taken lightly. Don't worry about it, OP. You're a good friend, and it's not even worth bothering to take the time to try to be friends with someone who doesn't appreciate your concern for them.

That person just doesn't know what committing suicide is if she thinks it's a joke. OP, you are awesome for actually even thinking about making sure she's okay.

People that do that deserve to be slapped hard.

What a B**** You should not feel embarassed in the slightest. You were in the right here. it's disgusting of her to put out fake emotions to make people worry. and then make fun of the ones that do.