By Anonymous - 15/08/2009 23:42 - United States

Today, at a family gathering, my aunt asked me when I was planning to have children. I'm only 16, I laughed and said not for a while, definitely not until I get married. My family shook their heads, and ignored me for the rest of the day. Apparently, teenage pregnancy is valued in my family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 206
You deserved it 3 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cin_fml 0

Please please PLEASE don't listen to them >.< Be a responsible human being first and foremost. What other people think doesn't amount to a grain of sand, especially when they're so clearly wrong.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
cmtriplecage 1

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MR_OHCRAP 0

Lol OP, is the chick on one of the illustrated FMLs related to you? Also, what does being hillbilly have to do with teenage pregnancy?

waterynuggets 0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cletus_Spuckler#Children

THere are some hillbillies who wait until their teenager years to start having children...but you're right, the poster was generalizing...

NonchalantSavant 0

Which one of your family members plays banjo?

nahh guy can get girls just as easyily

victoria4161993 0

Kudos to OP for being responsible & thinking of her future.

no!!! don't feel pressured by your family to end up on 16 & pregnant!

Hey, I know a 15 year old whose GRANDmother is only 50! or was it 40? And I really wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant soon... people these days... *shakes head slowly in disapproval*

Lichinamo 33

Grandmother at 50? Damn, my mom's turning 52 this year, and I'm an 8th grader.

friedpwnadge 25

I was the 50001th person to say their life sucks! :D

Grandmother became a mother at 19 or 20 because her mom was dieing and wanted her to see her grandchild.

amsedel 1

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
dudeitsdanny 9

What? What's wrong with how her family is? She deserves it for not wanting to be just another teenage girl statistic. I joke. =)

Lisimal 7

Your family is DEE DEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Cin_fml 0

Please please PLEASE don't listen to them >.< Be a responsible human being first and foremost. What other people think doesn't amount to a grain of sand, especially when they're so clearly wrong.

VampiressMiharu 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

# 7 doesn't seem arrogant at all. just logical.

stedfastwolf 11

yea have kids with a person like a spouse and when your very mature

Ninjasaurus18 9

Please OP, don't have kids until you're married and can get far away from the Neanderthals you call family. That's ******* sick. Teenage mothers cannot balance school, work, a baby and a healthy life. Not to mention the fact that they're usually not married so there's no security in having help.

Orchid_fml 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

cant anyone read where she is from? it says she is from New York, for crying out loud.

sairara 0

Because there are OBVIOUSLY no trailer parks in New York.

Punkpoptart1119 20

You think that just because someone lives in a trailer park that their family is screwed up? I've lived in a trailer park since I was 8 years old-I'm 21 now- and there is nothing wrong with me. I don't have any kids, I have a job and I'm starting college in the fall. So next time, think twice about what you say. As for OP, FYL. That is pretty screwed up, but I commend you on not wanting to have kids until you're old enough. From what I have read, you seem very mature..and that is a great thing. =)

Ninjasaurus18 9

167- Maybe they live in an area where everyone who lives in a trailer park are basically the ****** from My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding? Seriously, though. My family in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Turkey area are gypsies. Real gypsies. And circus folk and con artists... But whatever. They are a disgrace to gypsies everywhere. So just a thought that maybe they live in an area where all trailer park tenets are like that?

Apparently your family approves of underage sex.

the underage sex thing is you have to be at least 17 to have sex with someone over the age of 21. if the girl isnt and the parents find out and dissapprove the person over 21 can be charged with statutory(spelling) rape... for every state the age of consent is different. and if you are 16 and willingly have sex with someone under the age of 21 then both parties are fine and no criminal charges can be laid.

bexox 0

I didn't know anyone except overprotective parents cared about those laws until I came on this site. Honestly, when I was in middle and high school, I never once heard anyone say "I'm waiting until I'm 16 so it's legal for me to have sex."

Luneth101 0

Probably because you're gonna be a person who ends up with two kids at the age of 18. People do care, and not just because of laws, but because they don't wanna end up with ruined lives and no opportunities because they had to drop out of high school to be a teen mom.

kindofgocrazy 0

Yes it is, 18 is legal. Anything under that is underage.

blahdeblah8392 0

maybe in your state, but in my state, the legal age is sixteen.

bexox 0

86 - Way to be a TAD presumptuous there. I wasn't saying teenagers should go have sex with everyone, I was just saying I've never heard of anyone saying they didn't want to have sex with their boy/girlfriend because of legal age limits alone, unless it's something to do with statutory rape. I.e. I don't know of any two 15-year-olds not wanting to have sex because of the law. I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting for the right person. Oh, and FYI, I'm older than 18 and have never been pregnant. I know what I'm doing. K, thanks.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I am going to say FYL in the off chance this is true. I doubt it but there is that possibility. and if it is true then your family is the reason I hate the world.