By Anonymous - 15/08/2009 23:42 - United States

Today, at a family gathering, my aunt asked me when I was planning to have children. I'm only 16, I laughed and said not for a while, definitely not until I get married. My family shook their heads, and ignored me for the rest of the day. Apparently, teenage pregnancy is valued in my family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 206
You deserved it 3 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cin_fml 0

Please please PLEASE don't listen to them >.< Be a responsible human being first and foremost. What other people think doesn't amount to a grain of sand, especially when they're so clearly wrong.

Comments

Your family is messed up. I'm not sure if you knew that already or not........ wow fyl

Huh? Talk about stereotypes. I'm Mexican, and even though there are cases with teen pregnancy, parents wouldn't expect their child to have children at that age. I know that at least the majority wouldn't. Kthxbai.

ryan100 0

you must be mexican no joke there are like 10 mexican chicks pregnant at my hs

sophie1070 0

that doesn't mean she has to be mexican you jerk.

vanilla_lace 0

dang... i wish it was valued in mine.. i'm 19 and i might be pregnant... i soooooooo hope i'm not though. my family would literally disown me.

forget_me18 0

i'm 20 now, found out i was pregnant when i was still 19, my family is being very supportive but definately didn't wish it to happen. Props to you for wanting to wait till marriage. I already love my little girl, but there are times when I really wish I would have waited.

Your family is trailer trash. Get away from them before they ruin your life.

winemysavior 4

wow and you're from NY?? I was expecting you to be from the south.

You have a pretty ****** up family. Don't listen to them. Waiting until you're married to have kids is not only a smart decision, but just common sense. Don't let them push you into having children before you're ready. Also, it may not be the best idea to seek advice from anyone in your family in the future. Ever.

ziqi92 0

ur family is f-ed up and should die for thinking like that. since u have some common sense unlike the rest of them, declare emancipation NOW. ur family (not including u) should stop reproducing

Aww. That sucks, I feel for you. just ignore them and be responsible. Being a teen mother is hard work. Also I wouldn't blame your family maybe because they are from another country or have different traditions and a lifestyle, but i wouldnt consider for you to listen to them. Wait till your ready to have a child, like you said maybe after marriage. But if they continue to put you down about the fact that your not going to have a child anytime soon talk to them and tell them what you think about it so they understand what you feel about it.