By Mrs. Teacher - 18/09/2012 00:21 - United States - Suwanee

Today, I collected my students' notes in class to check them. One girl, who is always drawing weird anime crap in her sketchbook, turned in just one piece of paper that read, "FUCK YOUR CLASS." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 710
You deserved it 23 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As much as a teacher shouldn't be doing this, it makes perfect blackmail!

AphyTheBronette 15

Mrs Crabby cakes it's not " weird anime crap" it's technically a form of art. Maybe the girl will grow up to be a great manga artist. Instead try this new concept encourage your students, even if it's outside your comfort zone on traditional art. Oh and talk with her parents she's obviously got anger issues.

Comments

I thought you were my teacher for a sec .__. i draw anime crap in my notebook aha

Haha same today in social studies i got bored so i started Ciel from Black Butler XD

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was scared Shitless for a second.

If I'm right, you like Hetalia.(your icon, right?) I draw alot of Hetalia in my classes. When I have the time, that is.

I don't normally support behaviour that could be seen as disrespectful but I'll be honest...I spent my high school years drawing anime style pics, playing on my DS or sleeping. Through my Diploma course I drew pictures or just didn't turn up. I got good marks. All those people saying she shouldn't be drawing - you have no idea how mind numbingly boring and soul destroying it is to get out your pen and paper, actively listen through a four hour lesson and only come away with two lines of notes because everything else you either already knew, was common sense or in some cases was just plain wrong. And then you have to deal with some teacher moaning that you need to pay attention/you're going to fail/it's disrespectful when really, you listened through the whole thing but unfortunately their class was just shit. That pretty much sums up my last two years - so glad to be moving on to a different course.

Let's say the girl is aiming for art school. That's cool for an all, but what happens if she needs a get a job OUTSIDE of that field? Will she be doodling instead of listening to her boss? Will she scream "**** you" to her superiors if they frustrate her? In the real world, youre supposed to show respect for those above you. The only reason you speak out is when you are being unfairly treated or being abused. Even if the student knew the teacher didn't like their drawing style, that does not deserve disrespect from the student

Personally, however rude I may have been to teachers (and I'll admit I have been quite rude) I am never rude to employers, etc. I know it would be best not to be rude to anyone but I just didn't have any respect for them and normally for a good reason (plus I was a typical teen at the time). Still, I can tell the difference between situations where I'm just going through the education motions and situations that actually will make a difference to my career...

XxHoPPoxX 8

She has every right to say her art work is crap ........unless it was an art class....the student should do her work or stop drawing terrible anime or...OR just GTFO!

And that is probably one of the people that is going to fail a bunch of classes and end up going back to college when she gets more mature. FYL for having to deal with people like this who probably just got their way to college paid for by their parents and just spend the whole time partying.

52- if you're constantly drawing, you probably don't have much time to take notes.

**** my class? Well you did F it alright !!! Have fun coming back to retake it.!!

She said she was checking the notes, not grading them, where are you guys getting that from? I know people who have used art classes as ways to improve their anime drawings and from there work up to their own or even go in another style altogether! Teacher, I really hope you would be professional enough to not say anything bad about a medium she enjoys in front of her or to her directly. Personal opinions are fine and everyone has them, of course, but openly judging someone else's work, and your own student on top of that is a little harsh based on the fact it is done on a cartoon styling you disagree with. I cannot vote either way here as there is not enough information.

siickman 7

I doubt it was terrible anime drawings, the teacher probably isnt a huge fan of anime thats all. Then again i am just assuming.

YDI. notes are private, maybe you are not teaching to fit her learning style. If its college, who cares if shes doodling. If its high school or below, a good teacher doesn't just lecture every damn day. Instead of forcing students to hand in notes when they obviously can't pay attention, change the way you teach it.

julieanne719 0

The teacher didn't say anything about lecturing everyday. Required work is required work whether you want to do it or not. It's extremely immature to say that since you don't agree or understand his reasoning a student shouldn't have to do work. My teachers never required note taking everyday or for every lesson, but they did rotate through learning tools like that to help students find what helps them the most. Simply not doing work is disrespectful on its own, never mind the additional note.

Geez, you guys are all getting defensive about the anime... OP probably would have called it crap no matter what style of art it was because she was pissed the girl was drawing instead of paying attention in class.

Never said she was drawing in class. Could have saw it when the girl showed her friends. Doesn't say she was drawing during class. Just sayin.

It just says she draws anime. She didn't say that it was in her class. So you can't imply that it is.

I have to agree; clearly the OP stalks this girl's activities, because she is secretly in love with her bad attitude and wants to learn all about her hobbies. Because "**** Occam's razor", really.