By Dobche - 06/08/2015 11:16 - Bulgaria - Burgas

Today, I had to take a drugs test at work. Later, I found out it was my fiancé's mother who called our hotline. Her reason: I work till 6 pm, her "baby" should eat before that, but he can't cook, so I should quit my job. He is 35. And he thinks I should apologize for upsetting her at dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 316
You deserved it 2 714

Dobche tells us more.

Dobche 8

OP here: Result - negative. Why I didn't know about the cooking issue - well, it wasn't an issue for the last 4 years when we lived abroad. It seems it is a recent skill loss, like since we came back 3 months ago and found a place to live near his parents.

Top comments

wow why are you dating a guy like that? I wouldn't put up with that BS

35 and can't cook? dear lord the fabled grown ass man child is real. also sorry op FYL

Comments

Run, OP! Run for your life. Do not marry a momma's boy.

Well he is right! You shouldn't have upset her at dinner ..... You shoulf have at LUNCH waaaay before ;-)

fotomiep 7

Good thing you aren't married yet, you still have enough time to get him through both culinary school and obedience training

I'm sure what OP meant by "he can't cook" was "he sucks at cooking" which is fine.

Keep your job. Buy him a cookbook. Give it to him in front of mama.

Does he think she should apologize for trying to get you fired? Or for raising a man who doesn't have a really basic life skill? Or for trying to subject you to the sexist gender roles she obviously believes in?

Wait, he doesn't even know how to even pop a ready meal in the oven? Here's a better idea than quitting your job: buy him a cookbook. Or make some fun out of it by asking him to help you cook, so you two can have some cute couple time AND he can learn something - and hopefully use that initiative if he needs to eat while you're at work.

SuicideBoobies88 11

You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Get rid of him.