By Dobche - 06/08/2015 11:16 - Bulgaria - Burgas

Today, I had to take a drugs test at work. Later, I found out it was my fiancé's mother who called our hotline. Her reason: I work till 6 pm, her "baby" should eat before that, but he can't cook, so I should quit my job. He is 35. And he thinks I should apologize for upsetting her at dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 316
You deserved it 2 714

Dobche tells us more.

Dobche 8

OP here: Result - negative. Why I didn't know about the cooking issue - well, it wasn't an issue for the last 4 years when we lived abroad. It seems it is a recent skill loss, like since we came back 3 months ago and found a place to live near his parents.

Top comments

wow why are you dating a guy like that? I wouldn't put up with that BS

35 and can't cook? dear lord the fabled grown ass man child is real. also sorry op FYL

Comments

its a good thing you aren't married yet. this is a good time to reconsider the wedding if he's such a dependent mama's boy. at 35 he should know how to fend for himself. I hope you didn't apologize either.

The best guys are the ones that like to cook for you. Find one of them and dump this child.

NineeCat 32

Get off the freaking titty. A mother-in-law can be your best friend, that's if boundaries are established first thing. If she knows he's not eating at the "proper time", then I bet you he's complaining to her about you. Don't get married until he breaks that shit off.

I didn't know how to cook when i met my boyfriend and move out. i learn quick. Cause we both work and someone had to cook. I was 18 and now im 24. yeah it not that hard.

So many assumptions, keep in mind, this is OP's future MOTHER-IN-LAW, and we all know what they like to do, manipulate. THINK ABOUT IT.

Sadly, I don't have a mother in law, but my husband and mother have a very respectful, affectionate relationship. He even calls her "Mama Linda." We shouldn't expect our in laws to treat us like crap, nor should we expect our spouses to not stand up for us when they do. That shit ain't right.

seaboundrhino813 8

Make sure the umbilical cord is cut before courting. :)

Sure this is not about the man cooking or not cooking, it the mother who is energetic enough to act in a treacherous way according to purely sexist world outlook and the man who sees nothing wrong with that. RUN!!! Before you have common kids. Believe me, there are other - grown up men out there longing for independent hardworking drug-free wife.

wow run for the hills while you can op