By ThisGirl - 21/08/2012 02:30 - United States - Kennesaw

Today, I lost two terabytes' worth of photos to a friend's incompetence. He said he could save me some money and fix my slow computer for free. He ended up wiping the hard drive, and along with it, my photography portfolio from the last five years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 298
You deserved it 16 468

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you have an external hard drive to save these important things onto when you are letting someone unqualified (I'm guessing) mess with your stuff.

theslimshadylp 6

Holy shit five years? I would give your friend the wrath of God if I were you.

Comments

Google hdd recovery, if you're not sure about doing it yourself take it to a professional. If you're any sort of professional photographer you should back up your work at least once a month...

noisebox 1
thatcoastiegirl 0

Not as many photos- but a similar thing happened to me after I specifically told our roommate not to wipe the computer, and that I would take care of it when I had the chance. Idiots.

FML_14u2c 14

YDI OP, for not having your data backed up. I am truly sorry for your loss, as I can't imagine losing the photos of our son. He won't ever be that small again. I've got them saved on the camera memory, the computer's hard drive and on a DVD. (Still one house-fire from losing it all, but at least I'm covered if the hard drive goes bad.)

shrdlu 28

You can stop worrying about the house fire part if you leave a copy of the DVD with a friend or relative (but not a neighbor). The technical term would be "off-site backup".