By ThisGirl - 21/08/2012 02:30 - United States - Kennesaw

Today, I lost two terabytes' worth of photos to a friend's incompetence. He said he could save me some money and fix my slow computer for free. He ended up wiping the hard drive, and along with it, my photography portfolio from the last five years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 298
You deserved it 16 468

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you have an external hard drive to save these important things onto when you are letting someone unqualified (I'm guessing) mess with your stuff.

theslimshadylp 6

Holy shit five years? I would give your friend the wrath of God if I were you.

Comments

I chose your life sucks AND you deserve it! Being a photog I could imagine that would suck, however any photographer with a 5 year portfolio and a brain would also have it backed up on an external drive..

Damn! 2 tbs of pics means that u had like hundreds of thousands of pics?!?!?!?!

I doubt you have a 5 year old computer with a 2 terabyte hard drive. Just sayin..

Having 5 years' worth of pictures doesn't necessarily mean the computer itself is 5 years old. She could have moved the pictures onto the computer more recently to organize her portfolio there.

2 terabytes of harddrive space is over 30.5 million pictures....

Sanch101 7

Which if I work it out correctly is something like 171 weeks of continuous photography.

Take it to best buy, they can retrive it

I had a similar thing happen to my laptop, panicked for a second or two, then looked over at my binder of negatives which were safe and sound. You should at least have some prints, to me that's what makes it a "portfolio"

Dude, you're supposed to back that stuff up!

...and you felt no need to back up your data. Yeah, well deserved.