By Tanuki_paws - 26/08/2012 21:05 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I'm so broke that I got buyer's remorse after buying a $2 bottle of pancake syrup. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 671
You deserved it 2 733

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I think the amount spent on fuel/transport/time wasted is probably more than the $2 from a refund.

jovizzle 8

Aunt Jemima should slap you op.

For 2 bucks there's no way it's real syrup .

You should. That stuff tastes horrible. Then again, maple syrup's a little expensive....

All that pancake syrup is basically high fructose corn syrup with a chemically made maple flavour. Disgusting.

With some butter on warm pancakes... I don't care what it's made of. It's tasty!

I went to the Sugar Shack when I was in Quebec. Their maple syrup is amazing! The candies are yummy too. My favourite maple stuff they made there was the maple butter and the frozen maple syrup they put on the icy snow.

I know, right? My elementary school has an annual Quebec trip and the maple syrup was awesome.

Maple syrup goes on anything. Duhhhh!

I should have worded my first comment better. What I meant is the fake stuff. The real stuff from the maple trees..... Is beyond heavenly. Mmm so good. But usually only the fake stuff is labeled as pancake syrup, at least from what I've seen

Exactly! Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but I can't stand the fake stuff.

The fake stuff is disgusting. It doesn't even taste like maple syrup. It's just disgusting. Haha. Really no other word for it. Being in Canada you really don't see the fake stuff for sale.

My brother's father in law used the leftovers from his friend's sugar house to make maple mead last year. It was strong and delicious and everything right in the world.

I didn't know "eh" was only in Canada...

78- I'm a bit guilty of living the Canadian stereo type myself, from saying Eh, eating poutine, and building igloos in the winter for the fun of it, right down to apologizing to people who run into me, making maple syrup on the BBQ, ice fishing on the lake and riding my pet polar bear to work after I take my beaver for a walk. ;P I'm living the northern dream, my friend. ;)

^ *Face palm* I meant #77. Moron moment. :p

Lol even I believed this. and I am from Canada. well.. Toronto

challan 19

Well, I'm American and I've done all of those things on your list except riding the polar bear to work. (I'm quite jealous)

um...I am from Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact.

#101 don't forget wearing parkas&snowshoes 24/7 365 days a year..

110- *Sticks a maple leaf pin on your cowboy hat* Congratulations, you're now an honourary Canadian! ;) Assuming you handle the last challenge. Here, repeat after me: Rrrrrroooooooolllllll up the Rrrrrrrrim to Win! ;P (If you don't get it, don't apply!) ;)

xxjenn27xx 8

That sucks and my comment blows. LOL.

The only thing worse than idiotic people is people who realise how stupid a comment is and continue anyway.

musicluvr2000 11

Yes, you do have issues, I see.

17, engaged, AND smokes weed. I think we have a bad ass over here!

57- since when is being engaged considered badass? Even if she is 17, that's not the right word.

Vball6 19

63- 57 was referring to her smoking weed at 17 as badass, not her being engaged

I really thought the Mods got to 4's comment, then I read all the replies, checked out her Profile, and started second guessing myself.

Thursday737 7

smoking weed isnt anything to worry about. being 17 and engaged... WTF.

I think we should teach 63 what sarcasm means.

Big_lama6 7

Well all I can say is I'm grateful I don't have 4's life lol

Really, you guys? Her being engaged is none of your business and it's quite rude for you guys to comment and say mean things about it. You don't know the circumstances. Her boyfriend could be going into the service at a young age, and they need to marry for different reasons. I know some commenters can be pretty harsh, but come on, that crossed the line.

I think after seeing what 115 posted, I'm a better person inside.

^^If it's none of our business then why did she put in on her profile?

MyV6Thunderbird 1

When it is put on her public profile, it becomes our business. Climb down off that rag #115

I'm saying that it's rude to scoff at something like that. That's very low.

KiddNYC1O 20
eshaa 5

Aww. Try applying for jobs..(:

tifani322 13

How do you know they don't already have a job? Times are tough these days...

They could wrap themselves in bacon and ***** themselves out...

Except the bacon may put him even more in remorse. Then again it is bacon...!

Well, if he feels remorse, he needs to pray to the bacon gods for his evil thoughts. Only then can one truly enjoy the bacon.

Money spent on bacon is always money well spent.

Wishez 12
DeadxManxWalking 27

Has everyone forgotten how expensive bacon is compared to the $2 syrup?

56- who cares how much Bacon costs. Bacon is Bacon.

Lol obviously broccoli is trying to dissuade us from buying bacon. Also, OP: If you have buyer's remorse from bacon, eat the bacon. Remorse = gone.

Bacon solves everything. No buyers remorse there

Hope you can get out of that sticky situation! Thumbs down for bad pun in 3...2...1.....

tifani322 13

If you know youre going to be thumbed down... Why even bother posting the comment?

mykalt18 2

I think the fact that you stated that you would be getting thumbed down got you more thumb downs than your first statement alone would have.

I feel your pain man, I had to move from my dream apartment.

What the ****. Why is everyone thumbing you down for having to move out of your dream apartment?! Have a heart guys. No one has dreams anymore? Sheesh.

If it really bothers you that much, and you don't need it, just return it. It might make you feel better. Then again, you wouldn't have any pancake syrup.

Yeah, OP. Keep the syrup, find 12's unicorn and have some good old fashioned unicorn pancakes.

Pancake syrup is horrible. Due to my Canadian pride, I believe OP should've gotten maple syrup imported to their home. No remorse in that.

nina21194 12
Psych101 9

Don't be sad. Syrup is always a smart buy.