By Fibericon - 17/08/2009 20:02 - Taiwan

Today, I showed up at work and a coworker pointed a gun at me. After twisting his arm and leveling his face into the wall, I found out it was a lighter. Now I might lose my job over his stupid joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 052
You deserved it 5 465

Fibericon tells us more.

Wow, didn't expect this many comments. I talked to my boss about it today. The coworker had actually lodged a complaint, but conveniently forgot to mention the whole thing about a lighter that looks like a gun. He doesn't work there anymore. The main reason I thought I was going to lose my job was that he had worked there for a lot longer than I had. I've been there less than a year. I was worried that he could have said anything he wanted and I'd end up with the shit end of the stick just because I was new. As for whether or not I over reacted, maybe I could have taken a moment to analyze the situation, but it's not like he was trying to take my wallet or telling me to do anything. He silently pointed a "gun" at me. The last time I spoke to him I had said to him was that his English sucked and he shouldn't be teaching (I work at an ESL institute). The next time I saw him, gun in the face. I asked a cop friend from the states about it, he said if someone pointed that at him they'd get shot.

Top comments

Lose your job over it? He should lose his job for pulling such an immature prank at work.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that you deserve it. They just think they could react calmly in a situation like it's some sort of movie where they can dodge a bullet and face danger down, maybe throw in a cool line like Dirty Harry telling the guy about the gun he's holding and tell him something like, "You couldn't hit a, etcetera." He pulled something out on you like it was a gun. It was shaped like a gun. Guns come in all sizes - some smaller than a credit card. Just tell your co-worker and boss that you have no hard feelings, and at the end of the day, he's the one with the bruised body.

Comments

lobby0ne 0

I would have done the same thing. 6 years of teakwondo, I take the guy down first and THEN ask what he was pointing at me.

Don't worry, I don't think you'll get fired. If anyone should get fired, it's him.

You deserved it. For some reason you thought attacking a guy with (what seemed to be) a gun was a good idea. What a stupid risk, if it was a real gun you might have been shot. Hopefully this will teach you a lesson - to think before you act.

O rly? How well can you think when what you honestly believe is a gun is pointed right at your face? Easty to jusdge while you're sitting cushy behind your computer. For all you know the guy could have been shot for staying still. The coworker is an idiot. HE deserves to get fired, and if not he'll at least have learned something.

Swimmergrl9244 1

Right, because everyone with a gun pointed at them thinks, "Is that real? Hm..." before doing anything. That's how people get shot, moron.

the definition of assault is putting someone in a threatening situation the coworker should go to jail for pointing a gun or something that resembles a gun at him and I know I'm a ten year veteren of the force if you pointed that at me you better believe I'm breaking you're arm

I really, really hope that the law in Taiwan doesn't work like that. The asshole that pulled the fake-gun on you should automatically be fired. I can't believe some of the morons on this site.. like twisting arms = being cool.

skullwaste 0

the coworker should be fired. good luck!!

Well in the USA, you would be able to get away with murder if it's for self-defense. He should be fired, not you. If Taiwan is different and you do get fired, you should sue him. It's his fault if you get fired. I hope Taiwan has a system like Americas..

LMFAO wtfff ahahah.. funny story and i doubt you will get fired.