By Anonymous - 17/12/2009 01:57 - United States

Today, I tried to rid my son of his pacifier. He still uses it to sleep. My son is 20 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 267
You deserved it 26 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

startafire 0

There are worse things for your son to be sucking on before he sleeps.

Comments

I'm questioning your parenting skills.. badly.

EveryDayJackAss 0

this FML deserves a major facepalm....cuz WOW, PARENTING FAIL

you can't say 'FML' to this, you should have weaned him off his pacifier more than 15 years ago.

Uh, you guys, this is something called AB/DL (adult baby/diaper lover). It's not the parent's fault if their child is into this. They did not fail as a parent. An AB/DL simply wants to return to their childhood and be innocent again. It is sometimes sexual, but not always. Now, OP, your son does not have a mental disorder if he does this in private. If he acts like a baby in public, I'd be worried. But if he does something in the privacy of his own room, it's probably not a problem. We all have skeletons in our closets. (or he could just have an oral fixation and not be an AB/DL. That does happen.) Oh, and other posters, don't be ignorant assholes. I bet that every one of you has secrets that people could bash. Really, treat others as you want to be treated.

kryxel 0

when the world sees someone that is diffrent they deem it to be bad... i am glad that this son kept his paci. i am glad he still uses it. it means he is not a pathetic gap and mcdonalds atkins dieting cookiecutter witch hunter. A:yes he will get laid because it is one of those things that everyone has that makes it strange to the opposite sex. if they talk about it then there is the DEFINITE possibility that they will get laid. B or 2 OP dident fail as a parent. and none of you can say they did. the only ones who can TRUELY say the parent was a failure or a bad one is the KIDS themselves. 3 or otherwise known as C: let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

If is AB or DL there really nothing worry about this fetish is not your fault if is that there could be many reason for this . here link that maybe help you out with problem see with your son http://www.adisc.org/wiki/index.php/Infantilism and if just him suck on pacifier there worest stuff could be doing like drinking , taking drugs or smoking if your going tal;k to don't scream at him talk try to understand what son feel I know different but you still love right then why can't if is any of thing I listed in comment. Good luck and god bless you . Now for jack ass on stop being ass she did't fale as parent ether son going in life that make feel safe baby oject when was no worrys or does have fetish if try learn ABDL people you may understand us better being rude and leave comment may try help. We are all god childeren we all bleed and cry the same and feel pain maybe if people learn that we would have better world.

Bellziwellzi 0

shame man just let him be, maybe he just wants more love

Swaggerwocky 0

YDI for having horrible parenting skills.

YDI for not coming up with a plan out of this sooner or for not figuring out why he can't let it go (srsly, go see a damn analyst and find the SOURCE, don't just steal what he needs to sleep). I'll bet he sucked you guys dry with his orthodontic needs, amirite?