By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 21:46 - United States

Today, I turned 18. My parents remembered that I loved German chocolate cake, so I awoke to a hot, fudge-filled chocolate cake with a slice cut out just for me. I've been lactose-intolerant for 8 years. As I cried, my mom handed me tissues, while eating the "Happy" part of my cake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 166
You deserved it 5 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP discovered a cake that they fell madly in love with 8 or more years ago. 8 years ago, they could no longer have this cake or anything else containing dairy products. Today is their 18th birthday. Their family made OP the previously mentioned cake that OP has not been able to eat for 8 years and still cannot eat. OP cried because they can't eat this delicious birthday cake and evidently, their family doesn't know her very well. OP's mom ate a piece of the cake which had a smiley face or something on it. Do you get it now? It's not that hard to understand...

Dude, who cares about the aftermath, eat it anyway.

Comments

Eat it anyway? I mean, that's what I would do. Eh, yeah, there'll be consequences later, but it's not like you're going to be eating it daily.

Even so, it wouldn't be a very positive thought, so it wouldn't count for much, hmm?

wow FYL your parents should have made you a dessert you could have somehow enjoyed. So Selfish. Sorry.

Flutist 3

Oh, wow, you overreacted. Your parents tried to do something nice for you, and you, being childish, decided that instead of looking for cures for your problem like normal adult, you would just cry because you can't have your cake and eat it too. So what? They thought of you. Some people don't even have parents, or parents who love them enough to make them a cake. Grow up. Take the lactaid and then eat all the cake you want.

Who cries over a cake at 18 years old?!?!?! Holy crap

And just because "Have your cake and eat it too" has the word cake in it, that doesn't mean it applies to the situation. LOL

Flutist 3

Actually, it does apply. She has a birthday cake but she cannot eat it. So thus, it works.

Op is lame...cried because she couldn't eat the cake? Eat a small piece it's lactose intolerance not like it will kill you..

can`t have ur cake and eat it too.. hehehe

wearinsexypants 0

1. Chocolate does not naturally contain milk. "Milk Chocolate" is not pure chocolate, milk is added. Anyone lactose intolerant can have as much chocolate as they want, if they pay attention to the additives. 2. German Chocolate Cake is a chocolate cake with a caramel coconut pecan filling, not a fudge filling. 3. Real fudge does not have dairy in it. It is made of chocolate cooked with sugar. Any fudgy substance made with dairy can easily be made with any number of substitutes, including soy milk, rice milk, or coconut milk. 4. Same goes for caramel, it is technically just cooked sugar but many caramel sauces which call for cream can be made with the aforementioned substitutes. 5. Most cake recipes do not call for milk, some call for butter, but any dairy can easily be substituted. So basically what I imagine happening here, is that OP has eaten cake with too much dairy in it, loved it, but got sick, in the past. Her parents, knowing how much she loved it, made her a cake she could eat, quite easily, so she could have the cake she loved on her birthday. OP, being a self centered, bratty baby, burst into tears at seeing the cake because she assumes that it will make her sick, not even bothering to ask. So I would say OP's life is ****** because she's so lame, not because her parents are lame.

chokeabitch 0

milk chocolate is made with powdered milk, not actual milk.