By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 21:46 - United States

Today, I turned 18. My parents remembered that I loved German chocolate cake, so I awoke to a hot, fudge-filled chocolate cake with a slice cut out just for me. I've been lactose-intolerant for 8 years. As I cried, my mom handed me tissues, while eating the "Happy" part of my cake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 166
You deserved it 5 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP discovered a cake that they fell madly in love with 8 or more years ago. 8 years ago, they could no longer have this cake or anything else containing dairy products. Today is their 18th birthday. Their family made OP the previously mentioned cake that OP has not been able to eat for 8 years and still cannot eat. OP cried because they can't eat this delicious birthday cake and evidently, their family doesn't know her very well. OP's mom ate a piece of the cake which had a smiley face or something on it. Do you get it now? It's not that hard to understand...

Dude, who cares about the aftermath, eat it anyway.

Comments

YDI for crying, you're an 18 year old guy. Stop acting like a little bitch.

My bad, didn't notice that it was a girl. Still, you have some serious growing up to do.

OP is female. Take a closer look. & i do believe it's you that should stop bitching; not the OP. FYL, sorry OP.

Agree 100%. I don't say this often, but suck it up, ya boob.

Because its pathetic for an 18 year old to cry over a cake....FAF by the way....

it's not pathetic; if you idiots don't understand the FML, you need some serious schooling. the fact that her family made her a cake that she can't eat is wrong. the fact that they started eating it in front of her is also wrong.

MetalFish 0

#48: it's called the Internet hate machine. you have to have thick skin and be able to laugh at your own mistakes if you're gonna be a netizen. if you are easily offended then I suggest staying away from all forums on the Internet.

Draconus324 4

I'm with kamkak take the ******* pills. my friend was cured by those things

kenjiisown 1

I was told to give it to you but I got hungry on the subway. Sorry.

blahzz 4

I saved a slice of turd cake for you if you want some of that =)

kenjiisown 1

Your parents didn't put much thought into it huh? FYL for having parents that aren't considerate but YDI for crying like a bitch. You're 18; grow up.

It was a bit of an over reaction, huh?

It's called lactose pills, get some. moron.

FirstBornUnicorn 0

So then what did they get you for your other birthdays?

this really isn't an fml... just take lactase pills, like others said!