By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 21:46 - United States

Today, I turned 18. My parents remembered that I loved German chocolate cake, so I awoke to a hot, fudge-filled chocolate cake with a slice cut out just for me. I've been lactose-intolerant for 8 years. As I cried, my mom handed me tissues, while eating the "Happy" part of my cake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 166
You deserved it 5 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP discovered a cake that they fell madly in love with 8 or more years ago. 8 years ago, they could no longer have this cake or anything else containing dairy products. Today is their 18th birthday. Their family made OP the previously mentioned cake that OP has not been able to eat for 8 years and still cannot eat. OP cried because they can't eat this delicious birthday cake and evidently, their family doesn't know her very well. OP's mom ate a piece of the cake which had a smiley face or something on it. Do you get it now? It's not that hard to understand...

Dude, who cares about the aftermath, eat it anyway.

Comments

so they remember you like cake.. but you can't eat it.. you should think before you write;)..

wow your life sucks and she's a bitch.

fire_in_the_hole 0

ur life sux p.s can I have some? lol

like_its_ya_bday 0

I had to read this a couple times... fail

like_its_ya_bday 0

lmfao I was just thinking that... o and btw can i have some cake

Your parents seem like they might be generous people... remembering what you love... and giving it to you and all... although I find it odd that they'd suddenly forget about your intolerance, since I am sure they prepared several hundred meals for you in the past 8 years. Anyway, being the generous and loving people they are, I imagine they'd have turned around and got you some lactose free cake, if you gave them a gentle adult to adult reminder, instead of crying. That said, Happy Birthday?

We're only human...parents forget things too. Think of how fortunate you've been to have great parents all these years.

tiffyxmac 0

cake isn't even all that so it shouldn't really matter.

sucks!!! that's my favorite kind of cake!!! =)

grow up & get some lactase enzyme, sissy.

varkey 7

eat a lactase tablet... wow my sister has severe lactose intolerance but can consume any dairy products with no problems if she takes 1 or 2 lactase tablets beforehand and that's not really something to cry over