By Apparently not a writer - 20/02/2013 16:36 - United States - Hockessin

Today, I uploaded the first chapter of my best writing yet to a popular writing website. After ten minutes, I was thrilled to already see one review and five comments. Each comment was telling me to immediately delete the story because of how horrible it was. The rating was half a star. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 153
You deserved it 8 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you do a fanfic of 50 Shades of Grey? Who am I kidding that would become a bestseller.

Comments

perdix 29

Well, this is the greatest FML story I've ever seen on this site! You just needed to find your niche and this is it! ***** Five stars out of five -- Sheer Genius! I offer a course for $799 on how to make money writing for FML. If you sign up for it, I will show you how I made my first $799 writing for FML.

ViviMage 38

What can they really decide in 10 minutes? Likely trolls.

Actually, you'd be surprised. It just depends on how fast they read it or how far they actually read.

Bad writing doesn't take long to spot. I'm not going to read the whole book if the first chapter or two is atrocious.

artinwords 14

If its not all sex and gore people dont like it. Id be interested in reading it and giving some constructive crit rather than just being mean.

CharresBarkrey 15

If it was on a writing website, where everyone is writers, I doubt that's what they're looking for.

#73 I write stories and post them on a writing website. I even ask my readers for criticism so I know what I could improve on. Yea its nice hearing if its awesome, but even better when there's advice

missd420 16

I post a lot on writing websites hoping people tell me what is wrong with it. Without criticism, there's no room for improvement. If everyone said "Oh this is amazing and perfect!", I would never grow as a writer. Don't shut down and give up because people didn't like your story right off the bat, but don't take criticism as insult either.

Sometimes when you feel smug about a piece of writing it can mean that you used too many literary devices or spent too much time with a thesaurus which can actually make your work feel clunky and unnatural.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Just keep trying. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Please, give us the link so we can help you to be sure ^^

You may have a future in writing stories for porno. They all suck too.

Never stop your writing. Eventually, you will get better OP!

It was probably only coming from one person