By Nanny - 30/04/2009 17:42 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a 4 year-old with a speech impediment. I asked her, "Do you got your bag?" And she said, "No. I have my bag. Babies say got. I'm a big girl." I am 20 years old and in the honors program in my college. I was corrected by a 4 year-old with a speech impediment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 205
You deserved it 102 032

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just because she has a speech impediment and is 4 doesn't mean she's dumb stop thinking so highly of yourself, ya dick.

thats ur fault u shouldnt speak like a moron

Comments

RiverRelic 0

I agree with #25. In my work I conduct presentations to large groups and write extensively. In those situations, I'm being paid to use proper grammar. When I'm relaxing in casual situations, I communicate like a normal human - just as you did. It was a great post though.

She probably is learning English and is paying more attention to her speech.

bxrv43 0

Even I know that, and I'm always being corrected for my grammar. You are an idiot, you are probably one of those people that only remembers things for the test and doesn't care about how what they are learning might be useful in life. Do us all a favor and drop out of college to make room for the rest of us. MORON.

Apparently wherever you go to college grammar doesn't matter much, does it? No one says "Do you got" You would say: Got it? or Do you have. Come on now. Seriously.

Gabby125 0

Wow, what college do you go to...Phoenix online? Sorry but that was just stupid.

You know that speech impediment means that they just have trouble speaking right? It doesn't actually mean they're retarded. I know some kids, one of which is my cousin, who has a speech impediment and he is actually very smart, lazy but smart. haha. So, YDI for being so inconsiderate. Serves you right. Probably thought that talking down to her like a baby was going to make her understand you.

lyndis_fml 0

Wow. So you're saying anyone with a lisp shouldn't know grammar? I'm not at all sure how you reached that conclusion. Just because the kid has a speech impediment doesn't mean she's as stupid as you.

You deserved it. And what, are you in the honors program at a community college?

Seriously? This stupid FML gets published and all my great ones don't? This is so not FML worthy. More like "I'm such a ******* retard" worthy. She's a pretty sharp kid, too.