By dontaskdonttell - 24/04/2009 06:27 - United States

Today, I was closing the deal on this beautiful $200k ranch in the country. The buyer soon pulls up and we get to discussing the contract terms, soon the buyer asks the seller," Wow why is this house going so cheap?" The seller replies, "Do you believe in ghosts?" There goes my $8,000 commission. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 489
You deserved it 5 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dukedj 0

Wow. That is totally screwed up. I hope the seller was saying that as a joke, if the seller wasn't then they are a total idiot.

Darth_Taco 14

You got the wrong buyers. If I had the money, I would've bought the house BECAUSE of the ghosts. Unless they were vengeful spirits. I'm sorry though, that really sucks. Especially in this global economy XP.

Comments

Sessee 4

Maybe they didn't believe in ghosts. Whatever, I'd buy it and watch my entire ghost movie collection. It's quite big, I assure you.

@20 Well, if they bought the house, ghosts and all, who would be left to sue afterwards? : ) I guess the OP would feel a little bad sending an unsuspecting buyer to their death. Or he'd be in his backyard swimming in all his commission money like Scrooge McDuck.

Why would the seller do that? Hes also losing out on 200K here. What a douche.

#20 ROFL - I've never heard that term!

i_like_chicks 0

hahahaha yeah the house is so haunted. man tell me something better

FreedomFirst 0

Is this a joke? Or was the seller joking? Because if I had a house so badly haunted I had to leave, and was willing to tell a buyer about the problem, I think I'd just burn it down instead. I never get why these people pass the evil on to others. So irresponsible.

I'm suprised at the amount of people that believe in ghosts on this site, it makes me sad.

I thought realtors were supposed to make sure the seller was never around when a potential buyer was touring a house... the realtor's supposed to be the one that prevents stupid things like that from being said!!!

So you got it cheap cause the retards think there are ghosts? Seems like you won.

i had read at one stage if the owner even suspected a house was haunted they had to disclose it to ANY byer :S