By coolkid111 - 27/03/2011 00:26 - United States

Today, I was going to my prom. My mom knows I want to drink so to prevent me, she made sure I took my prescription medicine before I left. I guess her way of stopping me from drinking is killing myself If I do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 413
You deserved it 39 992

Same thing different taste

Comments

biwinningloser 0

and by the way, for whoever bothers to go to page 3 or 4 to read the comments, FML is a resort for basically whining. if you don't like it then gtfo.

born_hustla 26
ideasrule 13

The law on alcohol unfairly discriminates against young people. There are plenty of 16-year-olds who drink responsibly, and plenty of 40-year-olds who drink until they pass out and nearly die. In this case, I see nothing wrong with drinking at a prom.

it's not discrimination. your brain doesn't mature until around age 21 and guess what part is last to develop! inhibition. the thing that makes you stupid enough to send your boyfriend a text pic of your breasts for him to forward to everyone with a phone and not know when to stop drinking until you pass out in your own vomit.

I agree with your basic idea, but America is the only country where the drinking age is 21. Most other countries are 18. So saying the brain doesn't fully mature until 21 isn't really the right way to argue this...

omfgfmlisgreat 2

if your young enough to go to prom, you're clearly not old enough to drink. quit complaining and listen to your mom. it's her job to look out for you. people do stupid stuff when they get especially minors.

AKALurch 0

there r other ways to have fun, u dont need to drink to have a good time

bugmenotmofo 34

You have ******* terrible grammar, and you obviously never got past 3rd grade spelling you illiterate ****

"Today, my mom made me take my prescription medicine before going to prom, because she knew I couldn't partake in all of that underage drinking and stuff if I took the medicine. I think she's a big meanie, but I just can't see why she cares about me so much. FML" That's what that should be. Because what the OP said sounds like a bunch of whining over their mom trying to keep them safe. I'm glad I still don't care for drinking, even at 21. WOO!

Drinking kills you anyways that will just do it faster XD YDI because your mom cares about you

salsalover_12 5

Peter: Mr Booze Audience: Mr Booze Peter: Mr Booze Mr B Double O Z E Brian & Bruce: That sure spells booze Peter: You will wind up wearing tattered shoes, if you mess with Mr. Booze

It's prescription medicine. Did it occur to you that your mum might not have had an evil plan to stop you drinking, but instead wanted you to take the medicine you need?

it's called date rape hun? wanna be pregnant while graduating idts