By luvonsarah - 14/08/2012 17:27 - United States - Beaverton

Today, I was out drinking with some friends in a Safeway parking lot, when I saw a familiar-looking vehicle pull up beside us. It was my dad, who angrily got out and demanded that I come home. I'm twenty-four, and now the laughing stock of my social circle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 546
You deserved it 24 973

luvonsarah tells us more.

luvonsarah 8

Hey there! I am the OP. A few things I'd like to address: I was only visiting my parents. I do have my own place. I stayed out a little later than I thought I would and they got worried. The bar (in which we were drinking) is in the same parking lot as Safeway. We stepped out to grab some vitamin water and smoke a cigarette.

Top comments

Number one: Why were you drinking in a Safeway parking lot?!? Number two: At least he cares about you...?

Time to move out! Think of all the positives, no grounding, no midnight bumps in the night (if you know what I mean) and most importantly no interruptions during happy time. Get a place OP, it will July get better.

Comments

sandinthewaves 5

Sounds like he did you a favor dumb ass

HmongJohn 9

A bunch of twenty-something's drinking in a Safeway parking lot... I wouldn't care, even the slightest, about what they think of me... You shouldn't either...

You're worried about being the "laughing stock of a social circle" ... who drinks in the parking lot at Safeway..?? Maybe it's time to get your priorities in order.

Why are you 24 and drinking in a parking lot? Is the rest of your social circle underage

theannak 7

Of you're twenty four, you shouldn't be drinking in a Safeway parking lot. Go to a bar, a friends house, no body cares. But a car? You stupid or somethin? "Oh I'm legal to drink, I just thought I'd put a lil risk factor in. Let's drink and drive guys! Nothing says bad ass like stupidity!!!"

stoptrying 9

OP never said everyone was drinking. Quit assuming, you just make an ass of yourself.

melrose90210 10

You're 24 and THAT'S where you go to drink?

HisTexasRose 0

OP isnt lame, many ppl in america, at least where i come from, can enjoy drinkin a few beers in the bed of a truck listenin to music. U all assume everyone was drinking, tht isnt always the case. You say he should be in a bar. And if big crowds annoy OP? -.- nd u dnt always drink to get drunk yall.

*isn't, people, America, I, drinking, listening, You, that, isn't, and, you, y'all I do this to help you. Honestly.

Why are you drinkin in a Safeway parking lot?I was so excited to read a Canadian FML and then it turns into embarrassment..f MY life.

Canadian FMLs? They come up all the time. However, this one was posted from Oregon...FYL indeed.

Pretty much any FML is an embarrassment to the place it came from. That's why they're FMLs.

You where drinking in a Safeway parking lot over the age of 21, I highly doubt being the "laughingstock of your social circle", is the worst of your problems! Get a job and move out you ******* leach!!