By Eyesore - 16/04/2009 21:27 - United States

Today, I was walking back to my home in the city in the dark. I'm paranoid, so when I saw movement behind me I clutched my mace. The faster I walked, the closer the person seemed to be. I spun around and sprayed my attacker with mace. It was my shadow and the wind blew the mace back into eyes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 196
You deserved it 86 618

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What is mace? Like pepper spray? I'm assuming it's not the spiky club I'm thinking of, lol.

Well, I guess you showed your "attacker" lol. I hope the mace was not too bad though. =)

Comments

#128, just because I am female doesn't mean that I am automatically as light as a feather and as weak as a kitten who needs to carry blinding spray everywhere. For one, spray probably won't be that effective as an assailant could SHUT THEIR EYES and two, has anyone here ever heard of just kicking a mugger in the balls and running like hell? I'm so happy that we don't get these "SEE THAT MAN OVER THERE? HE COULD RAPE YOU! THAT GUY AT THE MARKET? HE COULD GROPE YOU AND MURDER YOUR FAMILY!" talks over here. (UK) Yes it happens and at night we should be vigilant if we are out but the OP is even more jumpier than me! lol at #16 and #83, agree with #108

LMAO im suprised that nobody noticed that #5 was shocked that she was carrying around "A" mace (stick with spiked ball on the end). To #5 i'm still not going to answer your question because you are an idiot.

#129, if a man can plan to shut his eyes to block out MACE, he could certainly plan to wear a cup. Think before you type. She wasn't saying every woman is weak as a kitten, but hey, get over the fact that a majority are typically weaker than men. If you work out regularly and take self defense classes, yeah, you have a shot. The OP has every right to be cautious. She should try catching a cab or something, but if it isn't possible, next time just be more careful with the mace!

l33tm0nk3y 0

Lol, wow... Of course, you kind of have to wonder - if there had been a real attacker after you, would the mace even have hit him with that kind of wind? Now that would be a *really* bad FML...

how did you have a shadow if you were walking home in the dark..................dont really believe this one............

#133 and all others who said she was fake: when it's dark in cities there are usually streetlights and lights from buildings and cars. maybe they're quite dim but have you EVER heard of a pitch black city? geez I feel for you but you should've looked properly before you jumped to conclusions, sometimes at a quick glance you don't notice things the way they are, and because you hyped it up in your mind, you probably convinced yourself you saw a person.

you so completely deserve it. move out of the city if you're that paranoid. you're going to hurt an innocent person by being so quick with the mace. ydi. ydi. ydi.

Snap! That's horrible, but at least it wasn't bear mace which blew back into my friends face when he was jus messing around with it ha. But maybe take a different route next time eh? Better luck next time, cheers!

These are uncontrolable conditions. And that sometimes happens to me at night. I get paranoid-ish, or very cautious if I may say. Even in my own room, let alone in the streets of the city in pitch darkness of the night. Ha. I would've tripped on my own feet. Okay, no... But still.

Was you stoned or trippin out at the time to be that paranoid? omdd