By Eyesore - 16/04/2009 21:27 - United States

Today, I was walking back to my home in the city in the dark. I'm paranoid, so when I saw movement behind me I clutched my mace. The faster I walked, the closer the person seemed to be. I spun around and sprayed my attacker with mace. It was my shadow and the wind blew the mace back into eyes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 196
You deserved it 86 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What is mace? Like pepper spray? I'm assuming it's not the spiky club I'm thinking of, lol.

Well, I guess you showed your "attacker" lol. I hope the mace was not too bad though. =)

Comments

Blue_Coconuts 7

If you had a pistol, you'd probably miss anyway if you panic that easy.

nonynony 0

I don't think it's fake. I used to walk at night in the city, and it was always bright enough to have a shadow. When you're feeling a bit paranoid, it's pretty easy to mistake for a person. That said...Why the HELL would you just whip around and spray mace without even checking? Mace is EXTREMELY dangerous and debilitating when it hits you directly in the eyes. You could have maced some random passerby in a hurry--as someone else said, an old lady or a kid! "Better safe than sorry?" Not if you're unlucky enough to be the person walking behind them.

#18 has a good point, but if it's in the city, there's a good chance that "in the dark" just meant that it was nighttime. It being a city, there was probably plenty of extra light from headlights, signs, and anything else around, so there still might have been a bit of a shadow.

eitak 0

hahaha to all those people out there who are saying.. what if it was a kid.. or an old lady? Really? If you're one of the only people on the road.. and someones that close to you in the dark when theres plenty of other walking room.. shit I woulda pulled out a bat. You gotta think about the average distance between people.

Osakhomen 0

#59 Unless it's completely dark, there are going to be shadows... It's called a street light.

ahahah sorry, but you just owned your "attacker"!

theoldGP 0

wait... it says that the wind blew it back into eyes. the OP's eyes? or some random guy's? im inclined to think it was the OP's because it says "back." and i can definitely see someone making a "typo" by forgetting to type my... which really isn't a typo. just stupidity and lack of coordination. but anyways. sucks for you OP.

xRUINERx 0

Ouch I've done that before...but the mace didn't come back at me xD

" The faster I walked, the closer the person seemed to be" The moment I read this I knew it would be a shadow and when I saw he sprayed it I somehow knew it would spray OP back in the face. Predictable