By Anonymous - 26/03/2013 14:54 - Finland - Vanda

Today, my boss threatened to fire me because of a tattoo I have. It's a small teddy bear on my leg with my parents' names on it. My workplace has no problems with tattoos, but my boss said it was "unoriginal and lame." It's a memorial tattoo; my parents died last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 962
You deserved it 3 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people... makes me wonder how they became the assholes they are today.

tell him his excuse is "lame and unoriginal"

Comments

If tattoos are accepted in your workplace, the only legitimate reason he could possibly have for criticising your ink is if it was racist or genuinely offensive in some other way. But "lame and unoriginal"? Your boss is a Grade A prick.

Yessi_Boo 14

If he fires you, sue him! What an ass, it's YOUR tattoo, not his. I'm sorry for your loss, op!

"Yeah, like your FACE!"... Is probably what I would have said. I never have a good comeback on the spot. :(

*Gets a tattoo of an asshole ******** on the back of my head*

SUE HIM! SUE HIM! SUE HIM! Or take that to your HR department. Legally, he can't fire you like that. Also, I'm terribly sorry for your loss!

Wow, judgmental douche much? If your place of work doesn't have a problem with tattoos and you can cover it up he has no realistic grounds to fire you. :C I'm so sorry for your loss OP, I understand the importance of certain tattoos. It's for you to look at, not for other people to see and judge.

I know it's totally not important, but, how small can that teddy bear be if it has both your parent's names on it?

olpally 32

Your boss is a horrible person, that douche bag!! What a great way to honor your parents though!