By Margo - 15/11/2011 15:16 - United States

Today, my daughter-in-law taught my 4-year-old grandson to burst into tears and yell, "Am I not good enough for you?" whenever I ask her if she's going to have any more children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 260
You deserved it 64 285

Same thing different taste

Comments

Ha, your daughter-in-law and grandson are awesome. I need to do something like this to my grandma, who seems think that being 23 and unmarried with no baby on the way is unspeakable.

soulofnature 8

I completely agree! I'm in a long term relationship and my b/f's mother is scandalized that we're not married yet with a kid or 2 under our belt. Oh yea and I'm also 23, which means she wanted us married when I was like 19 or 20. She constantly tells me if I don't have kids soon, I won't be able to, which is BS. I can so see her being an even worse nag if my b/f and I do get married and have a kid. Then it's going to be "when are you having another??" Ugh. OP-you may think you're well-intentioned but you obviously just found out how very annoying that question is. Trust me when I say you're going to drive a wedge between yourself and your DIL if you haven't already. You have to admit though, you'll laugh at how she handled this one day. It's pretty funny.

Yay, go us! Haha. IMO, we are way too young to be married. Long term relationships are fine, but we still need to have some time for ourselves before we settle down for the rest of our lives!

weepingangel_fml 7

Your daughter in law is awesome, OP. You, on the other hand, are a nosy bitch. Please take the hint. That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

fallingstarsxox 8

Well I'm guessing u bug her about it too much

I think you simply DESERVE it!!! Why do you get involve in their family planning?!

dwsgirl 8

It's not your business how many kids she has. It's hers. This is just her creative and ingenious way of telling you. Take a hint. ;)

Ammi 7

I'm on your daughter-in-law's side with this. Her childbearing decisions are hers, not yours, and they are frankly none of your business. She could be trying and having difficulty (which is also none of your business), may have been told she can't or shouldn't have more kids by the doctor (again, none of your business), or may have decided to wait or that she only wants one. This is her choice, not yours, and I have a feeling that she would only go to these lengths if you were bugging her with nosy questions about whether or not she plans to have more inhabitants in her body again.

Yeah ... Sorry about this or whatever... But I can't believe you did not see this coming. Don't constantly ask your daughter in law when she is having more children it is more offensive than you think. It may be wrong to get her 4 year old involved but it can be that mind numbing annoying when someone keeps not minding their buissness and treating you like your some baby factory, it's hurtfull and degrading. Sorry margo but, your the first person on FML I strongly belive deserved whatever FML happened to them...

well... is he not good enough for you?

krimarwal 0

maybe she should respond like I do...if u want more grandkids,u shoulda had/adopted more kids....