By SeriouslyMakeItStop - 21/03/2014 11:09 - United States - Waco

Today, three days before I take my bar exam, the biggest exam of my life, I got my monthly. And I get to bring my belongings in a clear plastic bag so the world knows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 299
You deserved it 9 031

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It happens. Don't let it distract you from doing well on the BAR.

XTheDesertSongX 17

It's still embarrassing. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to know you were on your period. Although it isn't new, it's still a personal matter.

Comments

Perhaps you are not mature enough to be a lawyer if this bothers you. Get some pocket size tampons and grow up.

I understand why you'd feel embarrassed, but there's really no reason to. Personally, I don't think anyone taking a BAR exam is going to be even remotely immature, and even if they were, it's not like it's an unnatural happening. And I also think that it's not just going to be that time of the month for you in the exam. Surely, there will be other girls in the same boat. But anyway, good luck :)

And this is why you should just use a diva cup.

Are you 12? You're going to be a lawyer (maybe). Grow up

It can be embarrassing to have everyone around you know that you're on your period, even if you know none of them will care. I think it's completely understandable.

Also, the bar exam is NOT the world. Stop being so self centered

squideth 18

Wow you're a miserable piece of work. You can't dictate how people should and should not feel about things.

I don't think you should take the Bar exam if something this small will embarass you. As a lawyer you have to do a lot of weird and potentially embarassing things and have to be fearless in them.

cjwayy 22

Everyone calm down!!! It's perfectly normal to be embarrased by that. It has nothing to do with the profession she's aiming for.

Put the tampons and pads in a little porch and put that in the clear plastic bag. Good luck!

Most guys that are mature do not care when a girl is on their period. Girls shouldn't care, it is just a natural part of every girl's life

What's with everyone telling OP to grow up? It's completely normal to be embarrassed by your period.

jaellin 18

I'm not embarrassed that I have breasts either since it's a natural part of life for most women. Granted it's a fairly private thing, but it's not like she's carrying a bulk sized box of tampons around. It's just a couple in a bag with other things that most of her peers are probably not inspecting.

Yes I agree that no one is really going to care about the fact that OP is on her period, and I'm not particularly embarrassed by my period either, but surely it's understandable why OP feels a little embarrassed? Periods are nothing new and they're just a part of life that we have to deal with but I don't think it's fair to say that OP is immature and needs to grow up.