By SeriouslyMakeItStop - 21/03/2014 11:09 - United States - Waco

Today, three days before I take my bar exam, the biggest exam of my life, I got my monthly. And I get to bring my belongings in a clear plastic bag so the world knows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 299
You deserved it 9 031

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It happens. Don't let it distract you from doing well on the BAR.

XTheDesertSongX 17

It's still embarrassing. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to know you were on your period. Although it isn't new, it's still a personal matter.

Comments

Its normal. Im sure everyone can be mature about it.

What's so bad about that it would he undersandableZzz

skittyskatbrat 19

It happens. But yes, it's something private. It's like having seizure or depression medicine or Immodium for diarrhea; you don't want to parade it around in front of everyone! Get a little plastic container to hold a pair of tampons, put the liners in a tiny decorative coin-purse or something almost see-through, and then the only person to actually SEE the contents is the one person who checks the inside of the bag. After all, pads already come in a plastic wrapper. Sneaking things into them is always a possibility to start with! You might also check the RR to see if there is a tampon or pad dispenser in there, then just bring change. If all else fails, don't sweat it. I'd hope that the others taking the BAR exam are adults and won't care. 1/4 of the other women taking the BAR exam are in the exact same position. In the future, you can go on birth control pills a month before a major event like this, and extend/shorten the cycle by adding or taking out some pills to shift the period a few days either way. That will help you avoid your monthly visitor on important occasions. Heck, physicians say that a period every three or four months is fine, instead of monthly. Might save you some future headache. Kick some legal butt on that BAR!!!!!!

I think that's alot of work just to avoid some discomfort. Honestly, I thnk OP is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I sincerely doubt anyone will notice shes carrying around pads. The have more pressing matters to worry about. If they do notice, thats their business, not hers.

you can buy tins that are for this very purpose,

Not if they need to see what's in there. Small notes can be stored and who carries a tin to an exam?

Talk to ur supervisor. She or he would understand and might hold them. It will be embarrassing but I think it's easier than having everyone in the room know

SBittick 20

Because nobody has seen tampons before....? If you're concerned about it, you can always use the boob pocket. One of the finer things about being a woman!

LadyQuantum7 6

Just wave it around like you don't care; afterall you're taking your bar exams ;)

neuronerd 28

I didn't know middle schoolers could be lawyers.

callmeave 10

Don't think so heavily on it. Best of luck on the BAR though.

You should look into the diva cup or other reusable cups. They last for 12 hours, there's no garbage and no way anyone would see it..