By Frosty - 06/04/2009 07:13 - United States

Today, while at work at Wendy's, a lady came through the drive-thru with her kid. As I was handing them their order, her child points to me and exclaims "mommy, I thought you weren't supposed to work at places like this when you get older". FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 763
You deserved it 9 854

r_frost20 tells us more.

r_frost20 0

I posted this comment yesterday as frosty. I just thought I'd clear up a few things for the repliers. Yes, I agree the job is lame. I'm a co-manager, though, and it pays well for what it is. I made 38000 dollars last year I'm only 22. I've worked there since I was 15. Way too long. I am a college student. I attend the Savannah College of Art and Design, which is quite a prestigious art school. I'm an animation/sound design major (Dual major). My current GPA is a 3.55 I have a full scholarship since my high school academics were pretty good. I posted this because even I thought it was hilarious.

Top comments

it's somewhat true. lol. but i won't bash you because at least you have a job.

Cheers for actually doing your best to sustain yourself during your studies ^^

Comments

wendy's sounds so damn good right now...

#18 - NO... she should teach her child manners. Or how about just don't judge. Sometimes age comes out with these comments. Im guessing at least 85% of you are in highschool and have these false dreams that you're going to go to college and get an amazing job and you're life will just fall into place because you "did all the right things." News Flash: Completely unrealistic. I went to a top 50 school, graduated with a terrific GPA and worked my ass off. What did I find when I graduated? That the US was JUSt starting to slip into hard times. And It wasn't even bad yet... no one was getting laid off but no one was hiring. So with my higher education, my intelligence and my determination I settled for a job that didn't pay and took help from my parents, for which I'll be payin them back for a long time to come. I did not get my first stable income until two years after graduation no thanks to the economy and with its further decline over the years I was laid off before a full year was up. NOW, I am lucky, I found another job. But life hasn't been so easy on a lot of people and I can promise you it may not be for you either. (Not to mention all the kids who have to work at places like this just to get by and get a good education.)

eoh42 0

#28, there is nothing "ignorant" about saying that someone who works at Wendy's has no other discernible job skills. Otherwise they wouldn't be working at Wendy's. Maybe you should look up the definition of "ignorant." The irony seeps from your idiocy.

Today, I was reading these hilarious comments about a Wendy's employee FML in class. I laughed out loud in the middle of a lecture on Christianity. FML

#46 rofl. coulda been worse, at least it wasnt a lecture on the holocaust

I dunno if this is even true, most kids don't think that way...

frozen_heart 0

Who wants to bet that the mom does nothing all day but feed her and her kid fast food and lives off her meal ticket--oops i mean husband's--income. #46, christianity is pretty laughable :D

Be happy you have a Job. Who-over is giving fast food cooks the idea that spitting in food is okay please stop. that shit is gross and can spread disease

withfire 0

yes #6, they should add a section for "kid's say the darnedest things" because I keep seeing them day in and day out on this site. kid's don't have filters, and you have to love them for it. not knocking OP for having a job, but i don't think there are very many people who aspire to working at fast food joints when they get older. the kid has a point.