By Frosty - 06/04/2009 07:13 - United States

Today, while at work at Wendy's, a lady came through the drive-thru with her kid. As I was handing them their order, her child points to me and exclaims "mommy, I thought you weren't supposed to work at places like this when you get older". FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 763
You deserved it 9 854

r_frost20 tells us more.

r_frost20 0

I posted this comment yesterday as frosty. I just thought I'd clear up a few things for the repliers. Yes, I agree the job is lame. I'm a co-manager, though, and it pays well for what it is. I made 38000 dollars last year I'm only 22. I've worked there since I was 15. Way too long. I am a college student. I attend the Savannah College of Art and Design, which is quite a prestigious art school. I'm an animation/sound design major (Dual major). My current GPA is a 3.55 I have a full scholarship since my high school academics were pretty good. I posted this because even I thought it was hilarious.

Top comments

it's somewhat true. lol. but i won't bash you because at least you have a job.

Cheers for actually doing your best to sustain yourself during your studies ^^

Comments

LLsuperfly 0

Poor parenting on the mom's part

fortunecookie_fml 0

is it just me or do a lot of people that post on fml have jobs at wendys or subway?

Don't let that bother you, he/she's just ignorant.

15 and 16: You guys are awesome. 18: She should teach her children basic manners and respect. I know if I had said something like that as a child, I would have received the spanking of a lifetime. (Not advocating spanking, just saying that that's how I was disciplined.) While I do understand that kids have mouths on them and that it's hard to predict what they're going to say, that child likely learned that behavior (not the right word, but it's the first that came to mind) from their parents. As far as I know, fast food commercials don't advocate the disrespect of employees. Also, jumping to the conclusion that the poster is leading a "shithole" of a life? What is wrong with _you_?

You work at Wendy's... that's an FML in itself.

Either way, the OP must know they're working in a shitty job, so they shouldn't be offended for someone to point that out to them. If they don't know they work at a crap hole, they deserved it.

#19, i think that #10 was talking about the actual board game LIFE, because he said if the OP was manager then they wouldnt be last lol, which is true in the game LIFE lol

timemaster666666 0

#12 is a dumb ass. very ignorant. thank you #16 for clrafiying that . #12 is truly immature and naive.

timemaster666666 0

oh and #25 as well i reported all ur comments. :D

Wow way to keep it classy when you disagree with someone's point of view!