Attempted romance

By ItRainedOutside - 06/01/2013 08:49 - United States - Saint Petersburg

Today, after three years with my dream girl, I decided to pop the question by making her complete a scavenger hunt ending in her finding me, suit and everything, by the park bench where we had our first kiss. She came home tired and, instead of following the clues, decided to watch TV all day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 541
You deserved it 5 321

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Great idea but FYL. Maybe next time you should remember to include some motivation.

That sounds like the sweetest proposal ever awww...propose to me, OP :p

Comments

Ah that sucks. Did you tell her about it after or are you using the save for later card? Haha

That's a really cute idea don't let it go to waste though! maybe you should try when she's not tired?

You ain't no fool. Try again OP just because it didn't work the first time don't mean it's not meant to happen. Try again

Marriage and relationships are too important to make it into a game. Invite her to a favorite spot without the scavenger hunt and propose to her there - Just you, her, and a ring.

It takes more effort to do it this way; therefore it's more romantic (in my opinion, at least) and shows that he's really put thought into it and wants to make this once-in-a-lifetime event as memorable as possible. How can you seriously judge him negatively for that?

I think that his results showed that it would have been smarter to ditch the games and go with some honest and sincere communication. Marriage and relationships are not games - They are real and deserve paying attention to the content of the message, not the form.

Yes, you are right #111, mariage is a very serious stuff : instead of the scavenger hunt, he should have invited her to a lawyer office, just so she can be explained all the consequences of saying yes to his proposal....

lexiepullen 7

When doing something like that it is always best to have a close friend there to encourage her to do what you had planned. Very cute idea though!

sorry to hear that, I hope it goes better next time.

Simple can be good but he obviously wanted to do something very special and different. I would love if my boyfriend did this or something else original rather than something over done like at a restaurant.

She's just missed out on an amazing proposal, unless you try again on a different day. I hope I get proposed to in an imaginative way like that.

I hope I don't get the 'ring in a bottle of wine' thing. Far too cliche for my liking. Would prefer something more personal and well thought-out.

mrcesarcarbajal 2

Umm... that's kinda dumb lol