Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 031
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

hanic101 0

Why do dads always freak out over birth control. Alot of girls take to make their period shorter and lighter. If I were you I would call it something else like allergy pills or something.

I know, right? People can be so goddamn ignorant on such basic things...

perfectwinds 0

LMAO. All I can think is "I'm allergic to sex so I'm taking THESE!" when you say "allergy pills." =P Sorry... Not enough sleep. But the dad is seriously being an ass. One, looked at her phone when he should have minded his own business and two, grounded her before getting the facts. That's just awful. My dad knew I was on BC and I told him it was for my irregular periods.. Which was half true.

Obvz deserve it for not getting preggo and passing your genes on as often as possible.

I find it hilarious how Americans tend to go apeshit over something as simple as birthcontrol. "OH GOD, MY DAUGHTER IS ON THE PILL! THIS MUST MEAN SHE'S A *****!"

You probably haven't read the OTHER COMMENTS saying that BC isn't a big deal, have you?

Not to mention the person who wrote this is from Canada. Don't (automatically) assume things next time.

@#90, Canadians are Americans also. The term "American" may refer to anybody on the continent of North America, which has Mexico, the Unites States, and Canada.

I agree with #20, it's so damn USA to have parents controlling their kids and even caring if the have sex or not instead of just realize that teenagers are teenagers and obviously will have sex at some point in their life. Worst part is: they think they have the rights to "allow" or "forbid" sexual activity. Guess what? You don't!

I seriously laughed out loud... this is freaking hilarious

There's a reason the running joke in the feminist community is to call them "***** pills." I suppose it's hard to break out of that mindset when you have politicians left and right trying to ban it because they want women to not have reproductive freedom.

calamito 0

So you got grounded for being responsible while sexually active? FYL.

'So you got grounded for being responsible while sexually active? FYL.' Agreed.

So many girls are getting accidentally pregnant these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be here if my parents had been smart, but I think it's great when girls are actually taking care of their responsibilities. I'm on the virgin side of things, but I don't think girls on BC are slutty. Not everyone in Oklahoma is that conservative. =)

Your dad fails. Some girls take BC for health reasons, and even if you were taking it to prevent pregnancy, that should be something he's proud of. Reactionary idiot of a parent, FYL.

Your dad's an idiot. He'd rather be stuck raising his grandkid?

perfectwinds 0

Even IF she got pregnant doesn't mean he'd be stuck raising it.

Haha that sucks, I am so scared that will happen to me O__o My alarm just says 'pill' though. You should have said you needced it for medical reasons, some of my friends do (some lying, some not) :p

_system_ 0

Grounded for being careful? Oh dear, sorry but your dad seems like an idiot.