Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 031
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

Quest_ 13

Your dad's a moron. He should be pleased that you are responsible and independent. Also, wtf, he'd be cowardly enough to send you a text reading "you're grounded", rather than to sit you down and have an adult discussion about it?

cyxx 0

The point is that the girl's having sex. Yes she's being responsible, that's very nice, but it doesn't change the fact that she is having sex, which is obviously something her father doesn't want her to do. Hence the grounding. Saying that her dad is wrong to punish her because she was using protection is like saying he would be wrong to punish her if she had gone out and gotten wasted/stoned BUT she got someone to drive her home. The fact that she didn't drive under intoxication is nice and all, but it doesn't make up for the main point of the alcohol/drug abuse. Likewise, the point is that she's having sex, whether she's using protection or not. And the text was probably just a lead-in to the discussion.

I think it was probably just to be a smartass, because it was her phone that was going off, so when she checked it she would see the text.

MetalCraze 11

wow your a psycho hope he dumped you

1) how is she and psyco and 2) how could her dad dump her?

bexox 0

LOL I think this is posted in the wrong FML

birds_fml 7

Your dad is an idiot. There really isn't much more to say than that. Of course, if you didn't tell him right away that the pill is to help with periods or something, he won't believe you now. I think it would be funnier to throw it in his face how you're a grown woman now, and not his little girl. Just to piss him off. I mean, you're already in trouble, right?

cyxx 0

Wow! Yes! That is a GREAT idea! That isn't going to make him even MORE paranoid about her ever leaving the house again...

bexox 0

1. I hate when people say posters are immature or whatever for complaining on this website. If that's how you feel about the posts, why do you read and comment on them. Something happened to her that sucks, so she posted it on the website, that's all. 2. Her father is upset because she might be having sex. That's not the kind of thing you tell your parents if they're going to react like this. Also, it's not something you just bring up like you got into college or something. What do you expect, this; "So, sweetie, what did you do today?" "Oh, I had sex with my boyfriend!" Just not going to happen. I'm sure you meant she should have a mature conversation about it, but that's not going to happen with a lot of parents. I don't think the father would be happy if she attempted either.

YDI for not telling your parents that you're taking birth control seriously what if it like interacted with another medicine you were taking? it's not like that would mean you have to tell them you're sexually active either

fretforyerlatte 0

if there was a problem with other medication i'm sure her DOCTOR would have said something, as i'm sure they know about it, they had to write her the prescription.

kath91 0

Why didn't you have your phone on you? That was your own fault really.

kitties_fml 12

you're grounded for being on the pill? your dad is a ******* idiot.

A7X5989 0

what does the phone alarm have to do with birth control?

Girls set the alarm so they remember to take their pill at the same time each day...

AnnieLennox1954 0

Shouldn't your dad know you're on bc? He should be glad you're taking that extra precaution- a lot of girls don't.

Eh, I'd have to fall on the YDI side of things. It was probably a little careless to leave your phone lying around, with a giant alarm blaring "BIRTH CONTROL PILL."