Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 031
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

WTF is wrong with the world?! BAD DAUGHTER FOR TRYING TO PREVENT PREGNANCY You should just have sex and get pregnant You're father is an idiot

Parents generally don't want their kids to have sex at all. I don't think the issue is birth control, it's sex.

onemusicnote 0

I love ignorant parents! Let him ground you! The grounding will end and you'll still be protected! ...or maybe you're just trying to regulate your period. Seems like he's not interested in research of the topic or his daughter being responsible. Good for you, honey!

EmbryH 0

Omg, that REALLY sucks, but you could've been a bit more covert about it. Like maybe abbreviating on the alarm to something like "BCP" or something, so you could've at least gotten away with some quick lie. YDI for leaving you phone at home in the first place, and for not hiding it well enough

they should support you for taking birth control....

deadpixel_fml 2

If you are living with your father, not paying bills, not buying the house or car your boyfriend and you are having sex in, he had ever right to say your grounded, hell he has the right to tell you to stop seeing your boyfriend! And another thing, if you don't wanna get preggo, DON'T HAVE SEX. If you don't wanna get a STD, DON'T HAVE SEX. If you don't want your father to ground you, DON'T HAVE SEX. And if you were taking the pills to get your period on track, or something like that, why not tell him about it and not go complain about it on FML?

wow. you really dont know anything about teens.

bexox 0

Woooww... thank you, Grandpa! FY kid's life, if you have any. (hopefully not)

cyxx 0

What is so wrong with what deadpixel said? A little extreme, yes, but he has a point.

Not really. People don't have sex out of habit, they have sex because they want to have sex. Same thing with junk food. By eating junk food I am putting myself at risk for poor health, but by moderating my diet and exercising, I can avoid this.

deadpixel_fml 2

Deadpixel is a 15-year old girl... O_O I like when people call me a guy, its funny. and stupid, because they don't know me.

deadpixel_fml 2

And by "and stupid," I mean I find it funny when people call me stupid. :)

xhalighx 0

First of all, I never understood parents that who punish their children for being careful. My will get a raise in their allowance or taken out to dinner for using contraceptives because I don't want to be a grandparent for a very looooong time. My parents were of the same opinion. So yes, OP, FYL for having outdated parents. To the people saying you have to having sex to be on birth control, do your homework. I had to take birth control in high school for a hormone imbalance. No, it is not only for sex.

That was funny lol. Your life is ****** up.

fyl indeed. grounded for being on birth control? you should be thanked tbh

Your dad sucks, I agree he should be thankful you're responsible... And responsible enough to remember it too.

sam_stalker 0

Shouldn't he be mad if you WEREN'T on the pill? What's he gonna do? Take it away after he's done grounding you? You should tell him that you need those pills because you have unbeareble menstraul cramps and your period is so heavy you can't stand it; that ought to make him unconfertable! Plus you'll get your pills back