Liar, liar

By skanula414 - 31/12/2014 19:00 - Sweden - Malm?

Today, I found out my 7-year-old daughter really did lie about my husband's "other girlfriend" as revenge for being grounded, and that he never cheated on me at all. We're well into our divorce proceedings and he won't forgive me for not believing him when he denied it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 433
You deserved it 49 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess if she is like this at 7, I wonder what she's going to be like at 14

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comments

finduilas_fml 3

Op, if you hadno evidence at all. Tell your husband that you are truly sorry... (ofc be sorry). Ask him to imagine this the other way around..he would be insecure as well..and maybe overreact. Tell him it's bbecause of your love for him..that this thought was so painful and Made you unfair and crazy

finduilas_fml 3

(i assume it was). But if he had been suspicious too..tell him to man up and stop punishing a mother for trusting her child.

or he could move on and not put up with that s*#t. who wants to be in a relationship where you are distrusted so much your wife divorces you without evidence...

Good job on investigating before you jumped the gun. YDI

sammyjanette 17

All of you calling OP names for trusting her child are idiots. What if the husband were a molester, and the child old the mother, but went with your asinine logic to always trust the husband over the child. People shame women who follow your logic. It's not a black or white situation at all. What the OP could have done better was try to gather proof. Other than that she's as much a victim in this as anyone else.

investigation is a thing that usually happens before a punishment is served. you should try it some time

badmandilon 19

#90 we are not talking about child abuse this time. So, don't try to justify OP for screwing it up that way. She should have done a better job than jumping too far to a divorce based in a comment, specially from a brat like that.

If all it took to start a divorce, was the word of a 7 year old (no proof and objections from the husband) you were probably on pretty shakes ground to begin with.

And also God help the men that she dates/marries

sassymolassy 7

I understand you taking your kids word, you should trust your kids about important things like this. Sorry about all the negative comments. I hope your new year is better and maybe you can work some of this out with your loved ones.

You should also trust your spouse. Children lie all the time. They also make mistakes, what if she was trying to tell the truth but had just misread the relationship between her dad and a friend of his and thought they were romantically involved. What if she meant he was friends with a girl, but didn't understand the meaning of the word girlfriend. Making a decision that important a child's word and nothing more is insane.

RJLupin 3

What are you not telling us ...