Promise

By thiswouldhappen. - 17/03/2009 02:19 - United States

Spicy
Today, my dad gave me a promise ring on my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend and made me swear I would wait until marriage. Four hours later, he walked in on us having sex in my bedroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 676
You deserved it 265 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why do parents think a ring will convince their dear daughter to keep her leg closed? it never works.

And that is why you don't do it in your parents' house.

Comments

Did you promise him though?? Because if you did that's pretty cold hearted on your part. At least tell him that you already have. Stand up and grow up.

Um excuse me but I took the true love waits promise and am saving myself until marriage. It isn't bullshit. I believe that it's best for me. So don't knock it til ya try it. I know that some people think it's dumb but I don't care. I think that it has made me unlike all the other easy girls out there.

1. If you promise your dad something like this don't do it anywhere he could catch you. That's just plain stupid, sorry :/ 2. Why would you even promise him this if you don't intend to keep it? I know I wouldn't.

mowmowlife 21

I don't see why everybody's getting down on her dad. I think promise rings are cool, but if she wasn't planning on following through she should have at least sidestepped it and NOT done it for hours later in the same house. The common sense and decency factor of even waiting 24 hours seems very thin.

Close your legs, it smells like fish

Wealthyparrot 9

Lol, your dad's deluded if he thought that you hadn't done it yet. FYL, it's always hard to tell people that times have changed

Lindz2817 10

So your dad gave you a ring? Not even your bf?

This is why you wait until your parents are gone. Even if you're just masturbating. It's too risky.

Obviously that's a **** ring, OP was trying it out on her boyfriend.