Ruined

By Halle - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my immature step-father rubbed my head, destroying the $300 hairdo that took two and a half hours to finish. Three minutes before my wedding ceremony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 466
You deserved it 6 851

Comments

Yea that blows, have you mother uninvite him. He clearly doesnt give two ***** about YOUR day... Then when you see him later, hand him a bill for the cost of getting your hair done FYL

Fruitmonster2 15

So, the groom is just some random guy marring some chick? Yeah, its ALL about the girl in white. It's HIS day too. (the groom)

Your an idiot, he ruined her hair on HER wedding day! Her step dad!!!!!!!! The groom was having a wonderful time. His hair look good!!!!!

There was three minutes to the ceremony how can she uninvite the stepfather

Ask him to leave, If that doesn't work call the police... And yes HER day, I am married, weddings are for the females and the families.

guitgod1 11

78 yes, that is exactly right. If you have ever been married, you would understand that the groom is about as important as the cake.

119- the part that you have wrong here is that in some weddings the cake actually has more importance. Not only did this step father ruin the day but all the pics as well, you can't get a moment like that back.

If it was deliberate, feel free to kick his ass. If it wasn't... kick his ass, just not as badly as you would if it were deliberate.

YDI for spending 300 dollars on your hair for one day. I understand it's your wedding day and all, but imagine if you spent that 300 for your honey moon.... or a better investment.

Seems noone understands how expencive it is to ask a hairdresser to fix your hair for a wedding. They have own prices for wedding dues, its not like its a cut and colour. Some people want to look specially pretty on their wedding day.

Hey, she (or her husband) may be a millionaire for all we know! Though 300 is steep for a hairdo, it's her choice afterall.

People focus wayy too much on things that don't matter. She's getting married to the person she loves and getting to share this moment with her friends and family. Boo hoo, your hair got messed up. Like it matters. Be happy you're getting married and not focus on stupid things like your hair.

Deathbreadstick, who the **** elected you Supreme Decider of How People Should Spend Their Money? I certainly didn't vote for you, and I demand a recount! It's her money, and it's her goddamned wedding day! She can spend her money however she damn well pleases.

SexyHindu 2

Who spends $300 on a honeymoon?...

It's their wedding day, not yours. Most people only get this day once, even though the percentages of marriages rising in divorce are drastically increasing. They should feel confident and alluring on their wedding day. Since when are you allowed to decide how much money they can spend? With $300, you can't afford a honeymoon, unless you plan to spend it in a motel.

who elected YOU supreme dictator of who can be ridiculed and who has to be given sympathy and for what. breadstick was not forcing anyone to spend or not spend money, just withholding sympathy and instead dispensing ridicule to fools

Lehk, that election was held long before you got here, and I won by a landslide. If you think it's foolish to spend $300 on a hairdo for a wedding, then the only fool here is you. And Breadstick.

RedPillSucks 31

@65 People who go to "South of the Border" (not Mexico) for their honeymoon. If you've ever been there or driven past it, you'll understand.

marpay 11

I don't know why people are flipping their shit about a $300 hairdo when most people spend $30k on their wedding. It's not uncommon to spend $5k on the dress a few hundred on the shoes and much more on hair and make up. It's a once in a lifetime event, might as well go big.

I just states my opinion that it is a waste of 309 dollars. Didn't know you weren't allowed to do that, my deepest apologies.

Also, I meant 300 dollars towards the honeymoon. Not that the honeymoon is only going to cost 300 dollars. Not that it matters, apparently.

She does have a point...that's a lot of money to have your hair fixed, I understand wedding and all but still that's quite a chunk of change. I'm picky about who cuts my hair but if my stylist cost more than $20 to cut my hair I'd shop around for something less costly.

sunlovinmama 1

Yea they usually start of their marriages in debt because of this practice which isn't good for the outcome of their relationship. It's foolish to spend that much money on one moment of your life while neglecting the weightier matters.. Which most do. Otherwise divorce rates wouldnt be so high. And it's foolish to base whether something is right or wrong, good or bad off of "everyone else is doing it" rather use commen sense or stfu

No one deserves that on their wedding day just because they spent a ridiculous amount of money. Also to the people saying that's reasonable, it's really not, i'm going into cosmetology and $300 for what I'm assuming is an updo is ridiculous. Generally an updo at a high end salon is $100, unless she had it cut and colored or extensions put in, $300 is a shit ton.

misslauraselina 8

ikr what a shitty honeymoon. I'd rather pretty hair for one day than a weekend at a hotel that has dead mice in the pool

That's what you get for paying $300 to get your hair done. That's a bit ridiculous princess.

xStaciexLynnx 15

No, she's intelligent. Seriously. Who pays $300 to get their hair done for ONE DAY?

I know my comment will probably get thumbs downed, but I have to agree, who pays $300 for their hair done. It doesnt cost that much.

Well your comment clearly shows that you've never gotten married, and with that attitude I understand why

drawmesunshine 17

People who can afford it and have the desire will spend that much, and it is their right. If she'd robbed a bunch of blind kids of their lunch money to pay for it, I could understand hating, but damn, if she can afford it, why the **** shouldn't she splurge a little on her WEDDING DAY?

KiddNYC1O 20

For 300 dollars I could set up a legit bachelor party that would last 2 nights, not 1 day lol. 135- Well said. I bet I can get someone to do it for way less and still make it look 'professionally' done.

missdaulton 0

Lol I agree with you what tardos I would never pay that much for my hair to be done for one day! I don't even want to know what she spent on the dress if she paid $300 on her hair!

162- Exactly. I'll be the first person to call somebody who spends $300 to get their hair done a princess too, but it's her WEDDING DAY. One of the most single important days in a woman's life. Why the **** shouldn't she splurge to look her absolute best? Btw, I do hair for a living... If you want your hair styled for a wedding and it look stunning, I'm sorry to say but you're going to get what you pay for.

wedding hair costs a ridiculous amount. and if you want it to look good you pay it!

*expensive *hairdos *especially "have their own prices..."

Sorry english isnt my first language and that im dyslextic. Since you offer a spelling check, Yes, there are more countries than us and uk. Yes, really. There are. Shocking right? :o

You should have kicked him in his girl spot.

IgotDatCheese 0
Fatal_rei 3

If you paid that much for your hair, you have got to be wearing some nice heels. I'd take one of those bad girls to his manhood. What a dick.

Send him a video of u banging ur wife and be like TAKE THAT!!! Who's THe boss now!?!

IDGAF4usernames 0

You a dumbass. She is the wife

xStaciexLynnx 15

And how is that any kind of revenge? "Yeah, my stepdad messed up my hair on my wedding day. As revenge I sent him amateur **** of my husband and I. Muahaha." No.