By cAtaLanbLoOd - 24/10/2013 06:06 - France - Perpignan

Today, a homeless guy asked me for a cigarette. Knowing that I only had a couple left in my pack, I gave it to him. He opened it, took one out and thanked me profusely. A bit surprised, I went on my way. Oh yes, that's right, the pack contained the money I'd withdrawn from an ATM. FML
I agree, your life sucks 387
You deserved it 319

Top comments

Thank you too. He probably never thought that smoking would help him out so much.

Comments

Quiet_one 22

Sucks that you lost your money, but on the bright side you accidentally made someone else's day a whole lot better. Just remember how grateful he was, and be more careful in the future.

I find it so interesting how smokers have this odd ritual where it's acceptable to bum cigarettes off one another. (And happy to do it and share?) I can never hang out with my smoker friends without some random stranger asking for one. If I were a smoker, I'd be annoyed. Those things are expensive!

I agree with you 100%! As a smoker I find it very annoying indeed. Everyone tells me that smoking is a social sport, smokers share and share alike. Even though it seems that all the nearby smokers congregate to me and bum my smokes, it's very rare that I find a smoker actually willing to let me bum off of them. But hey my life is one gigantic YDI waiting to happen lol.

Where I'm from most people will give you a cigarette if you offer to buy one and tell you to just pass it on to the next guy, I'm not a smoker anymore (thank you wellbutrin for smoking cessation) but I never had trouble bumming a cig.

Why the **** would you put your money in a cigarette pack. That's stupid as hull

I agree. The hull is stupid. The poop deck is much more intelligent, despite its name.

Did anyone else notice that the other FML was from Kingston upon HULL? Freaky! :P

Hull is a bit smelly, and massively congested .. but I wouldn't say stupid.

A win for smokers everywhere. Nooooooooooooooo...

Hey, you just really helped that guy out, he really needed the money more. Also, why use a box of cigarettes as a wallet.

Beepbeep7 14

Telling someone to quite smoking is always the answer.

You can't just tell someone to "quit smoking" it takes time, ya know

Well he'll be smoking for awhile...hope the amount wasn't too drastic...

This is why boobs are superior, you can keep almost anything in your bra and never will you accidentally give away anything.

missbitch1993 7

I know I do the same thing. I keep everything in my bra. Lol.

yeah, it seems like he still would've forgotten it was there, took the last cig out without looking and would have just thrown it away.