By Checkless chick - 08/05/2013 22:21 - United States

Today, I decided I would try this feature on my banking app which lets me deposit checks by sending a picture of it. The instructions say to rip the check after depositing. The deposit didn't work and now I've got a ripped up paycheck. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 114
You deserved it 54 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So we all know to rip the check after CONFIRMING the deposit was made. Thanks, FML.

Haha, checkmate. Banking app 1 Customer 0

Comments

Well, you still have a photo. Resubmit it.

If your employers are nice, you could explain and point out that the transaction never went through (they should be able to confirm this easily enough) and get another one? Where I work that wouldn't be a problem, but FML has shown how many horrid bosses there are...

Life_sucks_13 6

Yikes OP! Some banks have arm machines where you can put the check in an envelope with a deposit form on the front or see if your work will allow an automatic thing where it goes right into your account.

nishantvas 13

haha that was idiotic. you should atleast have waited for the deposit.

Checks?!?!?! What third world country do y'all live in??? Haven't had a check in my hand for over 15 years! YDI so hard

Um, I get checks from tax returns. You can also get paychecks if you don't get it directly deposited, which some employers don't do. Also, money gifts are often given in check form.

MsMourningStar 22
hazardmuffin 21

Yeah. Rip up the check after DEPOSITING. Not attempting to deposit. YDI for not making sure the money was in your account first.

Yeah, that's why it's always a good idea to wait a day or two before ripping anything up. Always best to be 100% certain before screwing yourself over.

you should of waited to make sure that the check actually got deposited first before ripping your check up.