By Anonymous - 15/07/2015 15:40 - Canada - Port-menier

Today, I found out my mom recently stopped taking her medication. I came home to find she'd shot my dog because she thought he was possessed by the devil. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 786
You deserved it 2 195

Same thing different taste

Top comments

juststephhere 23

Your mom needs some serious help, like I can't even believe that happened. That poor dog... Maybe get her to a doctor before something like this happens again...

This is one of my most horrifying things I've ever read. I'm so sorry.

Comments

That sucks man. I'm sorry about your dog. I hope your mom gets better too.

She needs to be admitted to a mental facility and gets the help she needs. I can't believe that she shot your dog. The poor dog. She needs help ASAP

saffy66 34

That poor dog, you must feel so bad OP. Unfortunately this is all too common with people with mental illness, who can't seem to comprehend that the reason they feel better is because of the medication, and feeling better isn't a reason for stopping it. I hope she gets the help she needs and nothing like this ever happens again.

I'm afraid that your mum sounds like she is currently a risk to others and herself. She really needs to be taken somewhere she is safe and will get the treatment she needs.

Somebody should keep an eye on her at all times and makes sure she takes her medicine before she does something worse.

If anyone clicks "you deserve it", you deserve to be shot...

I hope they are clicking it by mistake. Only an asshole would actually think OP deserved having their dog killed by their psychotic mother.

AdamTB 26

And unfortunately, there are a lot of assholes in the world. Especially when they're on the internet.

Yes, let us kill 802 (as of now) people because they clicked a button that is ostensibly of no consequence. That looks like the sane response.

I already saw a couple YDIs in the comments. I even make a long reply on one of them by saying how no one deserves this, but my reply got deleted (along with several other replies defending the OP). It goes to show how terrible humans can truly be.

Holy shit, you DEFINITELY need to get her back on that medication and fast. Who knows what she'll do next.

MadInTheMorning 10

So how the **** did she get a hold of a gun?

I am so sorry, my mom is manic depressive so even medicated severe emotions set her off like a death in the family.It is hard knowing she loves you but her chemically imbalanced brain makes her do things that would seem otherwise.Hopefully she forgets about it like my mom does once she is medicated again and you can move on.Just remember she loves you and that is not her doing these things

The phrase "personal responsibility" comes to mind. Or are people who refuse to take their antipsychotics free of any guilt? No, really. Serious question.

It could be that the mom forgot to take it or the hallucinations weren't completely opressed. You have to take into account that there are major side effects to antipsychotics, which makes it very hard to deal with. Sometimes the cons of taking it outweigh to pros. Just something to consider