By SucksToBeMe - 28/09/2009 18:31 - United States

Today, I had a meeting with the CEO about a promising job with good pay and benefits. Upon meeting, we immediately recognized each other. He was someone I used to make fun of in school all the time. He responded by refusing to interview me and had security throw me out by force. Karma bites. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 519
You deserved it 118 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

That sucks, but you kinda deserved it...

Comments

I'm starting to wonder if he down played his bullying. And also what happened. Look at it, the CEO refused to interview him, then had to call security? Doesn't that make it seem like the OP was refusing to leave to the point that security had to come in? Besides, he made fun of the CEO all the time. Who knows how traumatic the bullying was. I can forgive some things, but others do not deserve forgiveness, no matter what age I am and how old we were at the time. You wouldn't tell someone part of a crime to "get over it" would you? Sometimes bullies go into the realm of illegal, but since they're not of age or because the one being bullied doesn't know any better or is too scared. What the bully doesn't realize is that his ass should probably be sitting in jail, or have a record of some sort. Defamation is something you can sue over. Most bullies defame the person they're bullying.

CyclonePsycho 1

I don't think it's a complete YDI. I've bullied, and I've been bullied. I know how it feels like on both sides. We do stupid, mean things as kids, that's a given. That doesn't make it excusable, but people need to learn and understand that fact. It's depends on when this occurred. If it happened in high school or earlier (and assuming he is in at least his thirties), the CEO is being pathetic. I don't want the girl whose name I can barely remember completely screw me over for something that happened in seventh grade, nor will I hold it against the girl who made me feel like crap for the majority of my high school career. Because after a while, you have to let things go. I'm not saying the CEO should have hired the OP, but having security drag him out over what happened years ago is a bit excessive. Being bullied can be mentally scarring if you're letting it be. Ultimately, you're letting the bully win if you're still hellbent on revenge years later. Like someone said, both were being kids, but only one actually grew up. Still, that doesn't making bullying in school excusable. Now if this happened during college, then this is totally different. The wounds are much fresher.

skyeyez9 24

i personally think nerdy guys are sexy! I'll take brains over muscle any day. nerdy guys are nicer and know how to treat a lady. the jocks usually grow up be even bigger assholes.

skyeyez9 24

he had every right to kick his ass out of the building. the CEO knew from personal expierence that the OP was an anti social bully, and does not need to put his other employees at risk to his bullying behavior. bullies almost never change.

MistrSteezy 0

2 wrongs don't make a right. When you fight fire with fire, you get more fire. Etcetera, etceteras. This CEO is an ABSOLUTE DOUCHE. Although, it does prove a point, that the bully was applying to a job where the bullied person is the superior.

riku3220 2

Are you telling me that a 31 year old man would act exactly the same as he did when he was 13? In this situation it seems that it's the person who was bullied who never changes.

riku3220 2

Unless it was constant beatings everyday then no, I haven't been or seen anyone who's been bullied. I do, however, know that people can change and getting revenge 15 years later for something trivial as getting books knocked out of their hand is just stupid. The CEO didn't have to hire him but he sure as hell didn't have to get security to throw him out.

Well YDI for being an asshole. The CEO probably kicked him out because he knew exactly the kind of person the OP was. Why would he invite someone who tortured him back into his life instead of the other people who applied.?

skyeyez9 24

Yes a 31yr old can and will revert to bullying behavior if he/she is in a position of power at their workplace. I work in the human resources dept at a very large hospital and have to deal with workplace bullying cases often. and trust me, even one bully in the environment can stall productivity. It continues after highschool and into the work place. One would think people grow out of it, but they don't.

I had a woman HR person go through the employee handbook with me on my first day on the job. When she got to the section on workplace conflicts, she skipped over that and said they don't have many women at that company so it's not a problem there.

You're nothing but a big douche. You didn't like being bullied, yet now you are a bully. Fear is not respect. You're obviously not smart enough to comprehend the difference. You'll get yours when you go to high school. I hope. I really hope.

If I ever meet you, I'm kicking your you know what.

Vilen1025 0