By SucksToBeMe - 28/09/2009 18:31 - United States

Today, I had a meeting with the CEO about a promising job with good pay and benefits. Upon meeting, we immediately recognized each other. He was someone I used to make fun of in school all the time. He responded by refusing to interview me and had security throw me out by force. Karma bites. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 519
You deserved it 118 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CherishFlowers 0

That sucks, but you kinda deserved it...

Comments

nice, glad to see you got what you deserved

ban4023 0

thats y i never picked on kids in high school

oogyboogy 6

this is the sxth one that says something about karma at the end

They always say that you end up working for the geeks you picked on in school (not saying your CEO was a geek, but I'm just employing the quote)...or it your case being refused to work for him. I guess it depends when in school you picked on him. If it was elementary school, then your CEO should have risen above it. High school or later, I guess YDI.

and I thought I was the only one getting pissed off.

Yeah OP do that, so you get owned again.

It's not illegal to deny someone an interview. People get denied interviews all the time. Even if you show up for the interview and do well, you could still not get the job. If this guy's a CEO, he can easily win a lawsuit. He could say he felt the person didn't appear professional or say that after reviewing his resume, he wasn't qualified. We also don't know why he was escorted out by security. Maybe the OP refused to leave?

Or he can say he already knew the OP and knew he wouldn't hire him due to past behavior, so an interview would have been a waste of time. Nothing illegal in that. The entitlement mentality some people have is ridiculous.

I'm thinking Lawsuit. It's illegal to deny anyone an interview. If you really want to show him up, thats the best plan.

that blows big time but at least you admitted to your wrong doing and your karma

Why are you complaining about it? You totally deserved it. q

Two words: Bill Gates. The underdog always comes out on top, and you, my friend, proved that again. =D I was bullied to no end in junior high, and though I've let it go, I find it hard to forget. If I was in the CEO's shoes, I can promise I would have done the same thing. I was kicked, had gum in my hair, taunted with absolutely disgusting rumours. And if I could, I would make all of them eat it like that man did to you. So. You do indeed deserve it and I applaud that man.

i can imagine this kid, all those years go, while he was getting made fun of, saying something along the lines of 'ONE DAY, I'LL BE YOUR BOSS'. bwahahah.