By futuremum - 22/03/2012 17:14 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, I had to yet again tell my mother-in-law that I wasn't going to name my unborn baby "Ermintrude" after her late mother. My husband told me to stop being difficult, and that he agrees that it would be nice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 372
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ermintrude is a name that you joke like ethelburga not one you name a child, they would be teased.

Comments

Use it for inspiration to the baby's name. Ermina for example, she could go by Mina, not something super easy to make fun of, still honoring the family, or you do that for the middle name if you already have a first name that you want. If you like the idea of honoring the name but don't like the exact name then sit down and compromise.

I would dig up my entire family tree and threaten to name the kid after my least direct relative with the most outrageous archaic name...

Let the baby have his/her own name! That happened to my great grand-mother. Everyone in the family was 'Frank', but she wanted to name my grandfather 'Howard'. So his legal name was 'Howard', but they all called him "Little Frankie". He didn't know what his real name was until he was in high school. Though, I have to admit, Frank is a better name than Howard.

It's your child, name it what YOU want!

daa2138 0

Your daughter is going to thank you for that

It's bad luck to name a baby after A dead person!!!!

No actually it's bad luck to name a child after a living person, do your research first before saying such things.

Oh please don't you will regret it if you do. That's how my bf ended up being a Horace! His mom says is was the biggest mistake of her life.