By futuremum - 22/03/2012 17:14 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, I had to yet again tell my mother-in-law that I wasn't going to name my unborn baby "Ermintrude" after her late mother. My husband told me to stop being difficult, and that he agrees that it would be nice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 372
You deserved it 2 576

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ermintrude is a name that you joke like ethelburga not one you name a child, they would be teased.

Comments

Yeah, I'm sure you'll want to be buying a baby name book. And if she wants you to do it so bad, why didn't she give that name to you?

Give it her as a middle name then you will probably find your problem solved. anyway if you call your baby that, how much piss will be taken out of her :(

klovemachine 24

Maybe you could compromise and name her "Ermily." Sounds goofy but the story could be that your husband was wasted when he told the doctor a name. He meant to say Emily and it came out Ermily... I don't know, but FYL.

Name her Blue Ivy.... Oh wait, nm. Those retards already copyrighted that.

I agree with OP, that name is ridiculous. It doesn't even sound human to be honest. OP, you're the one that has to carry the kid around for 9 months and then go through labor and delivery. If anyone deserves to name it, it's you. Middle name would be the best option here, and tell your husband to stop being a mama's boy. He only says the name is lovely to appease her.

YeaSo3 14

Please do your child an the rest of the world favor and do not name it ermintrude!! that is by far one of the worst names i have ever heard in my life... tell your husband and mother in law they can go to hell!

dont do it. if she wanted a kid named "ermintrude" she should have named her own kid that.