By Anonymous - 27/04/2012 18:01 - United Kingdom - Hatfield

Today, I introduced my girlfriend to my parents. After she left, they told me they disapprove of her because of her supposedly lower social class. Now I have to either dump her or lose the money they set aside to pay for my university tuition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 665
You deserved it 3 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep her. Pay for your own college. Earn your big boy pants. [and get laid!]

RebekahBrooke 9

Comments

If it so easy for them to take your college tuition money based on who you're dating maybe you should take the money in the first place? They'll just hold it over your head and continue to try to control your decisions..

TheyCallMeDamien 17

If your parents want to act childish take their money and do it behind their back anyway. If they find out it's not like the university is going to give them their money back. You can't let them hold this type of crap over your head or they'll do it every time to get their way.

bitter3ulogy 0

Money doesn't always bring happiness

lissa_jade 22

my family is expected to pay almost $1500 a month for my college. I had almost perfect grades and applied for over a dozen scholarships, none of which I got. financial aid is a good option, but not necessarily realistic. hope your parents see that they're wrong, op. otherwise you better learn to love ramen !

crazy4uboi 6

Damn! That's not right your parents shouldn't make you dump someone or just not go to college they would literally ruin your life either way! Tell them your not seeing her but keep dating her!

1crabbygirl 10

If you cave in on this thing, you will get your college paid for. Then if you don't take the job they want, they won't help you buy a house...it will never end, and you will give up your choices for some money. Also, just for general purposes, ask them what about her is low class.

KaelaKhaotic 5

OP, what's wrong with your parents? Just because your girlfriend isn't as wealthy or unfortunate, or whatever, doesn't mean she's scummy or dumb. They should stop being so judgmental. Keep the girl. That's the bottom line. **** your parents.

Ninjasaurus18 9

Tell your parents that you like her, and frankly they're close minded assholes, and need to see the world in color; not black and white. But they're apparently stupid ***** and won't understand my philosophy.