By Anonymous - 27/04/2012 18:01 - United Kingdom - Hatfield

Today, I introduced my girlfriend to my parents. After she left, they told me they disapprove of her because of her supposedly lower social class. Now I have to either dump her or lose the money they set aside to pay for my university tuition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 665
You deserved it 3 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep her. Pay for your own college. Earn your big boy pants. [and get laid!]

RebekahBrooke 9

Comments

Trisha_aus 15

Ugh class polarization is sick..if you really love her, choose her because money comes and goes!

Your parents are stuck up ignorant people - sorry but it's true.

I know I saw that exact FML before. I know it might not be such a rare occurence, but I swear it had the exact same wording.

Ah parents. If it's real and you think it's going to last no harm in resuming the relationship after finishing college. You'll feel like you have cheated your parents but hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's not that easy to get financial aid, sadly. Most of my tuition was paid with loans and they expect me to pay $900 a month. To which I scoff, because I majored in fine arts. Follow your dreams, they said. It'll all work out, they said. In all honesty, it was worth it. Take a lesson OP. There's a way even without mom and dad's money. I think he should do it on his own to prove he doesn't need their cash!

Eventually we all must grow up and make our own choices. I lost my family and one of the best universities in the country because I chose my husband. Decide what matters in life.

RedPillSucks 31

My mom was in the same situation, except she was pregnant. OP needs to decide what he really wants. If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree then he can choose the money without any guilt (as long as she's not pregnant). If you really love this girl and you know it's not infatuation, then you've got to check out your options for college. You don't have to go to a university that costs $200,000 when a $50,000 univeristy can give you just as good an education even if it doesn't have the name recognition.

No, not at all. I couldn't be happier.

deusbag 5

Sounds fake to me. I call bullshit

I hate people like your parents. **** what they say. They'll be the ones to regret their actions in the future when they've alienated you and your girlfriend and don't see you anymore.

alwaysHAPPY116 0

Good luck, that so sad. And a REALLY hard choose to make

Oh come on,,,, and no doubt when your broke n working some crappy job in a couple yrs shell totally dump you cuz ya never became a dr ... Sooner likely when she hears your cut off n likely sleep with your buddy just for good measure

dominic1221 6

You sound like a virgin and an illiterate ********, all rolled into one.

Sounds more like someone who's been screwed over.