By Anonymous - 27/04/2012 18:01 - United Kingdom - Hatfield

Today, I introduced my girlfriend to my parents. After she left, they told me they disapprove of her because of her supposedly lower social class. Now I have to either dump her or lose the money they set aside to pay for my university tuition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 665
You deserved it 3 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Keep her. Pay for your own college. Earn your big boy pants. [and get laid!]

RebekahBrooke 9

Comments

Llama_Face89 33

OP it's harsh but you're going to have to dump her. University is much more expensive than it was in our parents day. Sure you can get student loans but with the state of the job market it is far from guaranteed you'll get a decent job. I've a friend who studied law working at Market Basket. And all his money goes to paying off loans for a degree no law firm gives him a chance to use. Look to your future and well being.

Llama_Face89 33

Now if only I could take my own advice...

challan 19

This sounds like a bad 80's movie. A little Pretty in Pink to me. Explain to your parents that in this economic situation there isn't levels like there used to be. You either have money or you don't. Also, there is having "class" and not... And with that attitude they are the lower class.

It does make me wonder whether any of you have considered the multicultural aspect to the society we live in here in the UK. My friend's family are very traditional indian hindus who still observe the indian caste system. I know young muslim people who are forbidden from dating outside of their community. For all we know OP could be from a family like this and it is simply part of their culture rather than their parents being "assholes".

swartzc28 0
Llama_Face89 33

It's high school. Chances are OP has no idea what love is yet.

Take the gal, take the money, go to the pub the get laid!

This sucks, it sounds like you have some imbiciles for parents. They really shoudn't go by "social class" to determine the likes of your girlfriend.

Sounds like your parents are the classless ones. Get them to pay for university, graduate, then never speak to them again.

When reading this I instantly knew OP would be from England. The whole class discrimination thing is soooo English.

RedPillSucks 31

Seriously? I can't think of a single country where this doesn't happen.

Social class?! Wtf! Your parents are rediculous, no offence, and it's not fair that they would do that to you.