By Marjorie - 13/07/2012 17:08 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I'm sitting in the ER with my eight-year-old son. He broke his arm after jumping out through the second story window. He was too impatient to walk to the ice cream van pulling up outside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 226
You deserved it 3 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Starcatch77 20

You know what they say...The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... ...Or the window.

It's cause those damn ice cream trucks are there one second and gone the next. Every millisecond counts.

Comments

Starcatch77 20

You know what they say...The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... ...Or the window.

Could everyone dislike my comment? Im goin for a record

keven501 12

You have to take risks to get your ice cream

Could everyone dislike my comment? Goin for a record!

tjv3 10

Your kid is an idiot op. did you not teach him what is and isn't a good idea

ryry013 6

Pain is temporary. Ice cream is eternal.

At least you're in Canada and don't have to pay any hospital bills!

Briiyahh 7

Y did u get thumbed down...? He is stupid don't deny it even at 8 you should know better

Not just that, you probably don't have to worry about 7 FBI agents coming to your house and falsely accusing you for child abuse!

Well at least he's got his priorities straight

36- the ice cream was a good idea at the time.

saxetsasnak 5

THAT'S what he would do for a Klondike bar

Ok, am I the only one that thinks the kids a freakin boss?

nutcrackers 2

Time to teach your son some patience

True to the saying I scream for ice-cream

Uh, the FBI don't handle individual child abuse cases. They deal with FEDERAL crimes.

The sad thing is I think most of us here on FML would probably do the same thing.

The OP's kid is silly. Now if it had been a bacon truck, I would understand and approve of such extreme measures, but Ice-cream just isn't as worth it...

#39 your picture with your comment made me laugh.

Obviously she's mixed up...,her profile says shes a mister...,just saying..

It's cause those damn ice cream trucks are there one second and gone the next. Every millisecond counts.

Dr0reos 8

Well that's what happens when the ice cream man puts meth in the Popsicles.

KiddNYC1O 20

Here in NYC they remain in one spot for a long time with that annoying melody.

RealReasons 0

This kid better have got his ice cream. Damn windows trying to tell him what to do...

Well, did he get his ice cream? Important details...

Kids get crazier and crazier for the ice cream trucks, I though chasing it was still in. I guess a well timed jump will put you straight through the roof to the ice cream.

JackeeDawn 9

To think their going to run this country after we die. FML

MrBrightside21 20

Grammar Nazis, stay away. We already know.

rcgirl2 11

Must. Not. Correct. Grammar.

*takes out shotgun* what did I say about generalization?

solosohigh 15

you're 16, he's 8. you're the same generation. also, I'm not so confident you'd be of any help considering you struggle with basic grammar.

may651 14

No, just ones that are mentally handicapped. Most people don't jump trough windows or off roofs.

You're kind of lucky it was only the 2nd floor.

PhishloverA 14
flutter4 7

If it was from the 5th floor... ....well that's what Darwin calls "natural selection"

I wonder where he got the impatience characteristic from?

mndlssphnx 10

See if you can get a refund. For the kid, not the ER.

She lives in Canada, healthcare is free up here. Should wouldn't have to pay bills for the birth nor the ER.

shahs 3