By Anonymous - 20/05/2010 11:04 - Canada

Today, I shaved my legs and pits for the first time this summer. It took 3 disposable razors and an hour to get the job done. I've clearly been single for far too long. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 871
You deserved it 47 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ydi if you think being in a relationship is the only reason you should keep up with yourself.

Well if you don't have one of those buzz cut razors to work it off with then get scissors out and trim it down. It will take a lot less time with the disposable razor if you do it that way first..and from now on you need to shave more often..because that's just disgusting!

Comments

I am pretty lazy about this and will go a long time between shaving, but I can't even imagine how long you went to make this possible. Years? I have gone months between leg shaves before and it wasn't even close to that bad.

FCChelsea 3

and this is WHY your single

I can see both sides to this-- She doesn't HAVE to shave, but some women just prefer to shave. I definitely prefer to be smooth! I didn't start completely shaving "down there" until recently because I thought I wouldn't like it, but now that I've shaven it completely, I've found that I just like the feeling of being clean-shaven. It's all about personal preference.

Either been single too long or canadian too long.

ctlnaaia71 8

well,you don't need a boyfriend to be clean and shave your body. I just can imagine if that was only your legs and armpits, how your animal looks. ewwwwwww

Quest_ 13

Of course it's an example of social control. Women removing their body hair is a completely arbitrary and unnecessary convention of western society. I don't know who invented the ideal that feminine = hairless, all I know is that if women do not keep their underarms, legs, and anywhere else free of hair, they are ridiculed, which this thread exemplifies nicely. The only reason OP would be ashamed of her body hair is because we are told by the culture we live in that body hair on women is unacceptable. Society buys into it, and of course the media are happy to keep perpetuating such idiocies because it keeps women in their place and the beauty industry rich.

Coccinelle_fml 15

YDI for letting yourself go. I haven't had sex in 10 months, yet my legs and armpits are always shaved.

monnanon 13

Im rather lucky I've never ever had to shave my legs, there is no real hair on them at all, on the flipside of that the skin on my legs is ****** (not sure what it is as its not a rash, excema or anything) so they are never on show anyway. OP I find it hard to believe that you used three razors unless you have hugely long legs or hair like wire wool. Or maybe you just weren't rinsing the razor out as you went.