By AyDiosMio42 - 08/09/2009 06:31 - United States

Today, I stepped on the MacBook Air I purchased 4 days ago. The screen snapped in two, and I didn't buy insurance because I promised myself I would be "extra careful." $3500 well spent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 827
You deserved it 70 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can you step on your macbook if you are "extra carefull"??? Putting it on the floor, or maybe you did dance on the table?, isn't carefull at all!

russianspy1234 11

so spend 900 and get a pc that's better.

Comments

do i even have to say YDI times one zillion for buying an overpriced piece of shit just because it has apple's logo on it but in fact can't perform any better that a 5-year-old PC

Wow... YDI for leaving your brand new laptop on the floor. You just ASKED for it to get ruined like that, dumbass.

That1FmlReader 0

what kind of moron steps on their own computer? and geez why would you buy a laptop at such a price. ydi

Okay, for starters, to end this damn argument, a Mac IS a PC. Because PC stands for Personal Computer. It's not Mac vs. PC, it's Mac vs. Everything else. Secondly, Vista haters are just as bad as Mac haters. Besides, the only real "problem" with Vista is that Mac sucessfully made it look bad. It's not a bad OS, as evidenced by the Mojave Experiment (although that was largely unscientific and I'm a bit wary of endorsing it); it's just had bad publicity. Third, on something like a computer, you ALWAYS get the warrenty/insurance/whatever. If you're putting that much money into something, you need the protection. OP, you deserve it. Big time.

Ai71408 0

YDI for buying something that expensive without getting insurance, then being stupid enough to leave said expensive item on the floor. You were asking for trouble.

Why on earth would you spend $3500 for a computer? I bought my HP laptop in January 2006 for $900 and I STILL use it! Still workes perfectly. Granted I had to replace the keyboard ($10) and bought a larger hard drive, I still haven't spent what you have. You can find places that will replace the screen for a few hundred dollars.

It’s kind of expected for a computer to last 3 years. The thing is a mac will still work and hold about 50 percent of its value for a good 6-7 years.

AAAAHHHH12 2
mrhahn530 0

i dont see how this is an fml. The world is short one more stupid person computer...

AliMarie 0

Depending on what state you live in, there may be a law called the "implied warranty law." Any product purchased over $500 is covered by LAW. You will have to make a few calls to the state and ask, but if you really did spend $3,500 it might be worth it. That said, you're retarded.

Why would a $3500 object be lying on the floor?