By Noname - 26/02/2009 15:30 - United States

Today, I was a TA for a history class and the class was taking a test. About halfway through, I noticed one kid had a small piece of paper in his hand. I ran up the row, grabbed his test, and ripped it into four pieces. Then I took the note from him. It said "I believe in you, -Mom." FML
I agree, your life sucks 86 102
You deserved it 476 118

Same thing different taste

Comments

If ur going to be so quick to judge someone, get the whole story.

School: the place that teaches you not to bully but the teachers are always mean to you.

Irishopoly19 9

Asshole. If you become a teacher and keep doing that, the kids you get are gonna disrespect you pretty bad.

Is there a way to repeatedly hit YDI? because you totally deserve it. That poor kid.

1)You have to realize that you should've not immediately just ripped up his test. At least look at the thing first or if anything slyly look at it, that's what some teachers do just to avoid this. That way, you can catch them and if they aren't cheating, a scene won't be made 2) People are assuming this is college but I, in highschool, have had TAs before, I've even had one in middle school and I think if this kid is getting encouraging notes from his mom, he's probably not a university student. 3)You also have to know that your just a TA, not an actual teacher yet. You have authority and responsibility, but it's situations like those that need people who are patient and don't make rash decisions like you did. I understand why you would think he was cheating, I would think I same. But ripping up his paper without nay question was too harsh.

nannyRayRay 14

Many commenters have been over reacting about your post, yes I agree you over-reacted and handled the situation poorly. But you acted on an impulse, that is only human. I hope you told the teacher what happened and sincerely apologized to the student.

You guys, it's not really his fault. The kid was breaking rules, no matter what to note said. Plus, you probably would have thought the same thing if you didn't know what the note said beforehand.